not sure if this is true?Any help please!!!

sgtturbo

Member +
I got my front exit exhaust. but recently its started to smoke on idle then as you pull away it chuffs out a cloud then goes till next time you idle.
I herd that if you dont have enough back preasure on the turbo the oil can leak past the bearings on idle then as you dive obv it clears its self.
Or if not can anyone help me out plese.
its really imbarassin pullin up at lights n ppl look and think its a shitter.
It also stops smokin if you hold the revs at aroind 2000. So thats wit i do at lights. lol
Please help
Andy

tom_hunt

Member +
I had the same problem with smoke like that. I also used to hold the revs up at lights lol. I took it in the garage and it turned out to be the oil seals had gone.

Ady

Member +
ditto. had the same problem but not now i have a hybrid on ;:p

turbo oil seals. i have a low mileage turbo for sale. PM me if you want it

dac69er

Super Moderator
mine did this once or twice then stopped for about a year. after that it just kept on smoking so i got it rebuilt.

dantheman

Member +
shouldnt smoke but more likely to on a worn turbo with a side exit, something to do with te lesser back pressures

would look into getting the turbo checked out mate

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
what colour is the smoke?

it could just be condensation..

sgtturbo

Member +
so sounds like tubo seals then.
Well im in my second turbo as i thourght my old one had gone turned out to be blocked breather pipes anyway. I fitted this turbo about 2 months ago and then its suddenly started. Last night and this morning its stopped smoking but not sure why. lol