Number Plate Surround Idea *Your Opinions*

Deano

Banned
I am thinking of getting a number plate surround for the back of my glanza which I can put my own text on i'm thinking along the lines of something like CAUTION I BRAKE FOR TAILGATERS i'm sick of getting tailgated by slow pieces of crap coz I have a more powerful car today I pulled into another lane there was a honda prelude about 2 carlengths back and he started tailgating me for no reason put my foot down left him behind lol then he goes through the lights and turns around stops on the side of the road and I pull next to him and he said I cut him off I was no where near him I told him you could have caused a f**king accident by tailgating me and I appologised even if I didn't do anything wrong some people out there are just jealous pricks who have crap cars and like to tailgate so what do you guys think of the plate surround? Any other ideas?

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
It's just one of those things, trust me if you are in a brand new Porsche 997 Turbo they won't tailgate you it's just the cars we drive unfortunately. Most people don't know what they are and will think there just another car with a big exhaust as there only hatchback.

I think you get three types of tailgaters:

1) People who just drive like that, their not aggressive, their not trying to wind you up, they just don't know how to drive, have no concept of space and that's what they have done since there driving test. When they crash into the back of someone they will learn but until this time they will always do it.

2) Kids, ones that are young on the road and have something to prove even if they are driving a 0.5L hairdryer. Again most don't know the cars so they feel intimidated and want to keep up, not that your even going fast but they just think shit he is front, he's beating me, better show him what I'm worth when in fact were laughing deep down. Just go slower.

3) Aggressive drivers, sometimes older men who think they can pressurize you into speeding up and making mistakes, this also relates to the newbie on the road with his proud possession as they usually see a car up there bum and get intimidated, it's all related really.

I love the psychology of driving is so interesting, I'm sure I could make a feature length film on it :p

It's also funny when your driving behind someone, not close at all just pottering, they see a bonnet vent and think oh my god fast car behind me, you can instantly see there driving style changes and they become erratic is so funny. They don't call me grandad for nothing as there is just nothing to prove on the road, time and a place for everything in my eyes.

Just be the bigger man and let them look the fool! :)

T

Adam_Glanza

Member +
lol wat i love 2 do is this..

well it was about 2am and was comin bk from my girlfriends house,

and some corsa came stonking up behind me revving its tits off.

it was a completely clear mood and i thought fuck it ill have a laugh so i slowly started slowing down. it was a 40 road and i managed to back him up to about 20 mph lol.

i could see him callin me all sorts of things in my mirror but i just sat there laughing.

he then dropped back a tiny bit and tryed to get a run up to overtake, but as soon as he was level with me on the over side of the road i accelerated so he got stuck behind me again haha. he tryed this about 3 times and eventually gave up and just sit there like a good little boy hahaha

Toby@ToyTuning.com

He he they will learn Adam, except I never did this what I passed it's my absolute pet hate! When I have my partner in the car I usually stop and have a word, not aggressively I just talk to them and explain why they shouldn't be so pathetic, precious cargo on board and I don't see why they should jepordise her saftey, oh no no no no no...

T

stuart

Member +
When I have my partner in the car I usually stop and have a word, not aggressively I just talk to them and explain why they shouldn't be so pathetic, precious cargo on board

I tried this once with a taxi driver, he stopped behind me, got out shouting and screaming, not to mention the bar he had in his hand - I quickly shut the door and went off...wouldn't risk it again.

Previous time, I had a guy cut me up when I had the little 'un in the car, so I followed him back to his house, pulled up on his drive and asked him why he was driving like a prat on a 30 road, road wasn't wet or anything, but there were still cars coming in the other direction. I ended up getting put down on me arse lol, there were him and his brother/son or something in the car with him and becuase I was a 'young lad' getting all 'lippy' they both gave me a hiding...was a couple of years ago that though. Have learnt from it though, the tyre bar isn't located in the boot anymore :)

59bhp

Member +
doesnt really bother me that much to be honest, i just let them get on wth it. But then again its usually just me, would prob act different if i had son/daughter

Toby@ToyTuning.com

I was thinking just some simple graphical text across the back windscreen:

"PLEASE DON'T TAILGATE ME, THIS IS A 550BHP/TONNE VEHICLE I HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE AND WILL GO SLOWER IF YOU DO"

Think we need bigger rear screens! :p

Jay

Admin
i dont think other cars are going to be able to read it unless theyve got binoculars mate

Do it proper then:

resizedah6.jpg

This stopped the majority of tailgaters. It raised a lot of smiles too...;)

Monkfish

Member +
Tailgaters annoy the shit out of me. If it wasn't for the fact I don't like stickers, I'd have a 1.3 badge put on mine :p

I usually deal with motorway tailgaters by either just pulling over and letting them pass, or by dropping to 3rd and booting it. There is usually a shocked look on the driver behind when the "little shitbox hatch with a loud exhaust" fucks off into the distance rather rapidly, probably spitting flames as she goes.

A road tailgaters I either do the same and fuck off into the distance, or I dab my brakes. :p

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i dont really get tailgater's, reason being if im honest, i dont ever go slow enough..... always really drive quicker then everyone else... and if i do get a tailgater i floor it, the car goes into spastic mode making a racket and they soon lay right the fuck off.. then i carry on going my normal cruising speed.... :)

dmw_86

Member +
Generally, the whole lack of space allowance in people driving about does my head in.

Be it driving up your arse, stopping a gnats pubes short of your bumper in a queue of traffic, or pulling into the gap you purposely left between you and the car in front.

All three seriously whack the risk of an accident up, and all three make me want to get out and hit the other driver usually. The fact I've had two accidents in which I've had cars I've owned rear ended by such things as the above probably makes me more paranoid, but it just isn't necessary.

Still, there is a certain grin factor when you plant it and a look of surprise comes across the face of that smug bumper lover behind, as they wonder how a big gap just appeared in front of them.

Deano

Banned
Agreed going off topic a bit the positive thing is straight after I spoke to that loonie driver I turned off to go to pick a part and I saw a wrecked glanza s limited there and it had the Starlet handbook with all the options really rare all in japanese though I had to have it cost me $6 lol didn't get my mudguard clip though as the bumper had gone. Also I think that guy got angry coz I left his poolude behind lol