oil lines

adee-ep

Member +
ive done a 5efte swap and where the oil filter goes is slightly different. i have used my 4efte sump so i have that oil line fine. but see the little metal oil line that also connects onto the bottom of the turbo were does the other end of that go? it would normally go to the bit beside the oil filter on the 4efte but thats not there on the 5efe so what do i have to do? cheers

Rory

Lifer
Take the oil filter housing from the 4efte, and out it on the 5e. You need the oil feed to the turbo.
Job done.

Jay

Admin
You will need to remove the mounting point of the oil filter on the 5E block before you can fit the 4EFTE housing mate. Also only the big bolt will hold the housing on as there are no boltholes for the three other smaller bolts.

Jay

weeJohn

Lifer
You will need to remove the mounting point of the oil filter on the 5E block before you can fit the 4EFTE housing mate. Also only the big bolt will hold the housing on as there are no boltholes for the three other smaller bolts.

Jay

It has an allen key hex in the center of it, you dont need to put a set of pliers on it and destroy the threads.

If you plan to run an aftermarket oil filter relocator there will probably be a hole in that where you can connect an oil line to, with the right fittings on the line.

Jay

Admin
Yeah, a big ass hex is required.

badgersport3033.jpg

I think one of the unions on the rear of the inlet manifold just happens to fit it too (that's what I used when I couldn't find a hex big enough).

That will leave a bolt hole for you to install the 4EFTE filter housing like so:

badgersport3034.jpg

Let us know if you get stuck and we can pack Wee John up and post him over to you. :cool: