ORC Clutch, how much to sell for?

Hi guys,

My clutch in the car started slipping so I replaced it with a CAP unit. I knew I had a ORC clutch but didnt know which one so couldnt buy a disc to replace so went for the CAP instead.
I have to say I really dont like the CAP compared to the ORC. The CAP clutch pedal feels VERY VERY light and the ORC clutch pedal is very heavy and great for launches etc.

Anyway I was wondering how much I could sell the ORC clutch now for? The disc has basically no life in it but the pressure plate and the lightened flywheel look in good condition. So it would be a case of buying my kit and buying a new disc for it.
I have the ORC 309 here it is below on rhdjapan for £710:eek:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/ORC-OGURA-ORC309-Single-Metal-Clutch-Kit-Toyota-Standard-14203

and the clutch disc costs £210, here below

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/ORC-ORC309-Damper-Type-Clutch-Disc-Replacement-Ogura-14508

Let me knwo your thoughts on a price and if you think there would be any interest?
Only reason for this thread is becasue its a used unit so dont know how much to ask for it. I will delete the thread once I get a rough price.
Christy

GTdan

In The Closet
i think dane needs a new clutch, im sure they sell for around £300-400 used but plenty of life in it.

So possibly in the region of £200-250??

i think dane needs a new clutch, im sure they sell for around £300-400 used but plenty of life in it.

So possibly in the region of £200-250??

Yeah I was thinking around that region because then the buyer would have a ORC clutch with a brand new disc for around £400-£450.
Funny that Dane might need one as I may need a new manifold if my current one doesnt arrive soon:haha:
Christy

GTdan

In The Closet
Yeah I was thinking around that region because then the buyer would have a ORC clutch with a brand new disc for around £400-£450.
Funny that Dane might need one as I may need a new manifold if my current one doesnt arrive soon:haha:
Christy

well his clutch was slipping at llandow and he said it started to slip at japfest, so i "informed" lol him to get an ORC clutch but he was on about the high cost due to exchange rate.....

well his clutch was slipping at llandow and he said it started to slip at japfest, so i "informed" lol him to get an ORC clutch but he was on about the high cost due to exchange rate.....

Yeah the exchange rate is a bullocks. But the ORC clutch is AMAZING. I really dont want to sell it now I want to fix it and put it back in the car but it will now cost me too much money to do so as I will need to pay again to get it refitted then lose money on my new CAP clutch aswell.
They are rated to 400ps.
Christy

Rumel786

Member +
Hi guys,

My clutch in the car started slipping so I replaced it with a CAP unit. I knew I had a ORC clutch but didnt know which one so couldnt buy a disc to replace so went for the CAP instead.
I have to say I really dont like the CAP compared to the ORC. The CAP clutch pedal feels VERY VERY light and the ORC clutch pedal is very heavy and great for launches etc.

Anyway I was wondering how much I could sell the ORC clutch now for? The disc has basically no life in it but the pressure plate and the lightened flywheel look in good condition. So it would be a case of buying my kit and buying a new disc for it.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/ORC-OGURA-ORC309-Single-Metal-Clutch-Kit-Toyota-Standard-14203

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/ORC-ORC309-Damper-Type-Clutch-Disc-Replacement-Ogura-14508

Let me knwo your thoughts on a price and if you think there would be any interest?
Only reason for this thread is becasue its a used unit so dont know how much to ask for it. I will delete the thread once I get a rough price.
Christy

Yeah definately will price it around £250 to £300 mate, youle be an absolute bargain at £250 though :)

bens ep-82

Member +
Hi guys,

Christy

the one listed there comes with a lightend flywheel does yours?

the one listed there comes with a lightend flywheel does yours?

Yes mate it does I have said above in my post. I had to get a standard flywheel to fit my CAP too and the one I have here now is definately lightened, you can even see the difference in colour as its chromly.
Im really unreluctant to sell it because it was an amazing clutch. Also makes a sexy rattling noise like a rally car.
Christy

Rumel786

Member +
Sounds good to me. Would it be ok for me to give it a clean with a cloth to tidy it up a bit?
Christy

i cant remember what my mate used to clean his, think it was wd-40 or something and a good scrub, looked like new mate, but not sure if it was wd-40 christy.

I wouldn't call it sexy.:p It is a very good clutch though, pm sent too. ;)

Started off hating the rattle but now have grown to love it and really noticed it when I fitted the CAP:(. As said in PM will sort that for you.
Anymore ideas on price so far I have £200-£250 or £250-£300?
Also just thinking you would get raped on import tax for this clutch if ordered for Japan so say it would be a bargain around them prices.
Christy

Rumel786

Member +
Started off hating the rattle but now have grown to love it and really noticed it when I fitted the CAP:(. As said in PM will sort that for you.
Anymore ideas on price so far I have £200-£250 or £250-£300?
Also just thinking you would get raped on import tax for this clutch if ordered for Japan so say it would be a bargain around them prices.
Christy

raped on import tax for this clutch if ordered

Hence the reason why i said £300 christy :) & £250 bargain....

Thanks for all the replies guys. Think ill put it up for £300 Delivered. Thats the best of both worlds as I say it will be expensive to deliver it probably around £30 or maybe a bit more.
Will get pictures etc tonight and post up tomorrow.
Christy