Organ Donation

Which applies to you........

• No i'm not on the register but yes i would accept a transplant if i needed one

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • Yes I am on the register and yes i would accept a transplant if i needed one

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • No i'm not on the register and no i would not accept a transplant if i needed one

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Yes i am on the register but no i would not accept a transplant if i needed one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kelly

Member +
Apparantley 90% of people who are not on the organ donation register would accept a transplant if they needed it. I think its pretty shocking and to be honest i would have fallen in that 90% up until today when i took the 3mins out to sign up on the register online.

Just wondered everyone elses views on this? As its quite interesting to know what people think of it etc :)

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
i wouldnt accept an organ myself, nor would i want someone else to have one of mine. i dont honestly know if i would take a blood transfusion either.

Kelly

Member +
i wouldnt accept an organ myself, nor would i want someone else to have one of mine. i dont honestly know if i would take a blood transfusion either.

Is that just a personal decision or a religious one? I am aware of the religious reasons behind such things.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
this is a difficult one.. i dont really care what happens to me after im dead.. (dun! :haha: ) but im not to sure about actually being a donor.. (kind of contradictory i know), in any case, rule of survival goes that i guess anybody would want a transplant if they needed one :)

just my 2p.
kon

wesgt

Lifer
yeh the way i see it if your in a hospital dying and you need a transplant/transfusion your not gonna say "oh, no thanks"!!

Kelly

Member +
See its weird dont ya think that so many of us think like that? but if we all did then there would be no donors? lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
Is that just a personal decision or a religious one? I am aware of the religious reasons behind such things.

in a sense its a religious reason, as its based on my beliefs. its not anything to do with an actual recognised religion though. i know Jehovahs witnesses have similar beliefs.

wesgt

Lifer
in a sense its a religious reason, as its based on my beliefs. its not anything to do with an actual recognised religion though. i know Jehovahs witnesses have similar beliefs.

but if you were near death, would you refuse, considering you'd be leaving family and friends etc behind, when just saying yes could save your life?!

i don't think anyone that says no can truly answer that question until there in that situation

Kelly

Member +
You could also say that the other way around, if you met little kids who were waiting for organs etc and knew they were going to die unless someone donates etc or a mother who has 4 kids and is not going get to see them grow up.

I guess being in the situation changes things but by then its too late.

It is an awkward subject i do admit but its nice to hear other sides of peoples opinions.

dac69er

Super Moderator
but if you were near death, would you refuse, considering you'd be leaving family and friends etc behind, when just saying yes could save your life?!

i don't think anyone that says no can truly answer that question until there in that situation

i would refuse. i have my beliefs and i stick by them (im seriously stubborn). but if you were literally on your deathbed it would be unlikely you would be in the position to make any decisions to that decision may be made for you anyway.

it also depends on how you view life and death tbh.

wesgt

Lifer
i would refuse. i have my beliefs and i stick by them (im seriously stubborn). but if you were literally on your deathbed it would be unlikely you would be in the position to make any decisions to that decision may be made for you anyway.

it also depends on how you view life and death tbh.

yeh i suppose so, i don't think i'm afraid to die, i'm curious to see what comes after even lol but i don't think i'd refuse if i had to make that decision, but each to their own

dac69er

Super Moderator
I'm registered, I don't think you should be given an organ unless you are on the register yourself.

i think that is fair tbh, but then due to human rights laws, you cant be refused a donor organ if one is available to you surely? (bullshit i know but thats the way this world is)

Kelly

Member +
I liked the suggestion of everybody being automatically on the register and you have to opt off it (hassle free etc) because it would get all those people who wouldnt mind donating but just never get round to doing it.
And people who did have a strong opinion about not donating would definatley take a few mins to opt off.

bucketep91

Member +
im an organ donor, would love to give some1 the gift of life when i die. its a really wierd subject a lot of people i have spoke to about it have said they would give thier organs but wouldnt give their eyes. really strange!