pics with the new slr

wainy

Member +
got a few pics the other night with the new slr camera i got for christmas..pretty happy with them for my first go!!!
rach
DSC00788.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

sx_turbo

Lifer
there very nice pics wainy, you have a very clean car there,

them slr camera's look like there worth investing in.

what one u got?

Dane_Bristol

Member +
looking good, ahh like how you have highlighted that it is a 1.3 on the back lol, little do people know whats under the bonnet :)

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
looks really good - you should start having a play with photoshop as well - you'll be amazed at the results once you start taking the photos in RAW format!

wainy

Member +
Cheers for the replys!!
its a sony 10mp A200..
Iv just got photoshop so im going to have a mess around with it later, im really getting in to this photography lark!!! lol :)

rach

10 ft man

Member +
Looking good there mate, i myself am starting to play about with the taking photo lark. It can be really rewarding sometimes!

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
Cheers for the replys!!
its a sony 10mp A200..
Iv just got photoshop so im going to have a mess around with it later, im really getting in to this photography lark!!! lol :)

rach

remember to set the camera to RAW mode if you intend to edit in photoshop after.

gv1.3

Admin
pics look really cool man... car is so clean!
I got some nice accessories for my camera for christmas and some good books on photography and editing software and a new lens. I think its a great hobby to get into as there is so much you can do.

Monkfish

Member +
White balance is a bit squiff, and some of those are quite over-exposed too, but not bad for a first timer, not bad at all. :)

Monkfish

Member +
i need to get me an slr i think!!

Plenty on eGay. I shoot with a Nikon D70 at the moment, it's not fantastic by modern standards but it is a good way to enter the SLR world. Nice and easy to use, all the features you'd want and they can be had for a few hundred quid now if you look about. Have a look at my website to see some of the stuff I have done in the past... www.digi-fish-photography.co.uk

A word of warning though. Digital SLR photography, as a hobby, is mind-numbingly expensive. I had a Nikon SB-600 flash gun for Christmas. It has quite a few features, but in the grand scheme of things, it's quite a 'cheap' flash gun. This price tag? £150. A decent lens will set you back the best part of £2-300, and you can add another zero to that if you want something 'pro'.

:eek:

gv1.3

Admin
Try get stuff from America if possible.. the lens I got was $650 and in Ireland was €650 so considerable savings to be had!

The Nikon D40 is going very cheap these days and as Jays pictures show it is still a great option.

Memory cards are dirt cheap too... as a hobby yes I agree it can be expensive but I think relatively speaking it can actually work out cheaper than a lot of hobbies you could take up :)

Mike_ep91

Member +
the pics are nice and your car is spotless too.
ive just gotten a new camera for christmas its a bridge one so not the full hog but its ood enough.