please help worst problem with fueling duno what it can be....

grazza

Fresh Recruit
hay guys cars not starting its turning over sparking thats all fine its the fueling thats being a bitch! it was being a pain to start at first took a couple of trys than fired up for te past couple of weeks than when i was driving it it cut out! when i turn it over theirs no fuel presure i replaced the relays for the efi and fuel pump and put new efi fuse in still nothing took the pipe off my fuel rail turned it over no fuel came out so got another uprated fuel pump 2day still doesnt start and ive re wired my fuel cut defencer again just to make sure theirs no loose conections what can it be?? when i turn the key the engine management lights on aswell but does that normaly happen than turn off when it starts up? please help havent got a clue what it is i need a diognostics puta on it realy 2 c what the lights all about but if any1s had a similar problem and cured it or has an idea what it could b some feed back would be apriciated :confused:

AdamB

Member +
If no fuel came out when you took the rail off, then there must be a blockage in the pipe between the pump and the rail. Fuel filter?

grazza

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the input ill check it out now where bout is it on the car ill get it off n give it a look over

AdamB

Member +
Not 100% sure on these, they might be under the car. Just follow the fuel lines from the back of the car to the front.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
big black cylindrical thing on firewall, with a fuel line from fuel rair going to it fella.
easy to spot.
always worth trying this as best try simple things first.
also u say u have an uprated pump what one?

weeJohn

Lifer
If you switch the ignition to position 2 and link out pins FP and B+ in diagnostics plug it will run the fuel pump without having to start the car.

A lot easier and safer for testing the fuel system this way than running the engine.

corofin12345

Member +
If you switch the ignition to position 2 and link out pins FP and B+ in diagnostics plug it will run the fuel pump without having to start the car.

A lot easier and safer for testing the fuel system this way than running the engine.

does it not just flow anyway with the main hose off filter and ignition switched to position 2??

weeJohn

Lifer
does it not just flow anyway with the main hose off filter and ignition switched to position 2??

Only for a few seconds when the key is first turned, to pressurise the system. Thats controlled by the ecu switching the relay, this bypasses the relay and powers the fuel pump direct.

corofin12345

Member +
Only for a few seconds when the key is first turned, to pressurise the system. Thats controlled by the ecu switching the relay, this bypasses the relay and powers the fuel pump direct.

good to know.. never did it on the glanza but on other cars they didnt pressurise cause of the hose off (obviously) so it just kept going untill you switched off the ignition

weeJohn

Lifer
good to know.. never did it on the glanza but on other cars they didnt pressurise cause of the hose off (obviously) so it just kept going untill you switched off the ignition

There is no fuel pressure switch on the EPs so the ECU wouldnt know if it was up or not, it just runs it for a few seconds to make sure before you hit the starter. Its an easy way to empty a fuel tank as well, just take a hose off and connect another to run it into a container.

corofin12345

Member +
There is no fuel pressure switch on the EPs so the ECU wouldnt know if it was up or not, it just runs it for a few seconds to make sure before you hit the starter. Its an easy way to empty a fuel tank as well, just take a hose off and connect another to run it into a container.

ya thats what i was doing with my last car.. very handy indeed.. :)