please help

chickenn

Member +
Iv took my car to a garage earlier to have a front wheel bearing changed and when I just picked it up when I turn right its really light and the tyre screechis haven't got a fucking clue why it is doing this or what they have done they changed the passenger side. Any ideas on what they have done?

dark_knight

Member +
tire size off?

what tire size are you running at the front..? 205/50/15..? i've known large(r) tires to graze the inside walls of the wheel arch or the control arm and may cause the screeching..

chickenn

Member +
what tire size are you running at the front..? 205/50/15..? i've known large(r) tires to graze the inside walls of the wheel arch or the control arm and may cause the screeching..

No there 195/45/15's mate. It has only started doing this since it came back from the garage today. Was fine before this

Jay

Admin
Sounds like they have messed up the tracking/alignment. Probably best to call back in and get them to sort it mate.

Jay

dark_knight

Member +
camber & alignment

@chickenn: if you say you are on 195/45s then like Jay says, check your camber & alignment. most likely that. i presume the screeching noise is only on full lock (right)..?

when you are on the highway (relatively smooth tarmac) at slow speeds, can you hear tire squeal like you are doing a donut..? that would defo mean your tracking/alignment is off..

chickenn

Member +
@chickenn: if you say you are on 195/45s then like Jay says, check your camber & alignment. most likely that. i presume the screeching noise is only on full lock (right)..?

when you are on the highway (relatively smooth tarmac) at slow speeds, can you hear tire squeal like you are doing a donut..? that would defo mean your tracking/alignment is off..

No the noise start as soon as steering wheel is turned. Haven't drove the car since it came back properly as it really dnt feel safe ill go up the garage later and get them to look. Thanks for the help lads rep'd

chickenn

Member +
Just got back from garage there telling me the hub nuts are wrong so I need to get standard ones. Were can I get these from?

dark_knight

Member +
hub nut? really?!

what sort of garage is that..? :mad:
why did they not notice that earlier, if it really is indeed the case..? & when they say the hub nuts are the wrong ones, didn't they (nuts) screw in and lock..? i don't see the relation here tbh..

were you present during the wheel bearing swap and did you see them actually replace the bearing..? some mechanics/garages are known to be crafty and not actually replace the parts they claim they did, esp when it's a deep-seated part that they know you will most likely not be able to check

chickenn

Member +
Just got back from garage there telling me the hub nuts are wrong so I need to get standard ones. Were can I get these from?

Jay

Admin
That doesn't sound terribly accurate but nonetheless Toyota is where you will get a set of original hub nuts.

Given that they removed the original ones from the car you should ask them where those went?

Jay

dark_knight

Member +
@chickenn: from my experience, you only get fresh hub nuts when you swap your cv joints. in this case, it was just the wheel bearing that was changed, correct..?

dark_knight

Member +
then that's more reason why that whole "wrong hub nut" vybe does not make any sense.. :|
get back to the garage and demand a proper explanation..

chickenn

Member +
then that's more reason why that whole "wrong hub nut" vybe does not make any sense.. :|
get back to the garage and demand a proper explanation..

Just rung them back and they have told me they are the wrong ones putting the camber all over the place that is why the car is behaving like it is. They told me that it wasn't them the nuts were already wrong be for they got it

Rob H

Member +
@chickenn: from my experience, you only get fresh hub nuts when you swap your cv joints. in this case, it was just the wheel bearing that was changed, correct..?

most of the wheel bearings we fit come with new nuts front and rear there aint many that don't

corofin12345

Member +
Just rung them back and they have told me they are the wrong ones putting the camber all over the place that is why the car is behaving like it is. They told me that it wasn't them the nuts were already wrong be for they got it

hub nut/camber??? what?