possible problems and solutions with my glanza ?

craig-glanzaEP91

Fresh Recruit
Hi pleased to meet all of you fellow glanza owners/enthusiats :) Ive just joined up today. Firstly Hi , my name is Craig Walker , Im 19 and live in the west coast of Scotland. I recently bought a Glanza V from a local with knowledge that the head gasket had gone on it , I bought the car for a good price so this never put me off as it left me with plenty of cash to spend on getting her up and running without any problems. Im hoping someone will be able to answer or suggest solutions to my problem. I tow'ed the car home as never wanted to run it with the head gasket away , the car starts no problem , idles for a moment then starts to rev down before finally cutting out , if you rev it when it starts to stutter it just picks up as normal but as soon as you lay off it drops to around 900rpm and judders until it finally comes to a standstill again , I checked the oil and its a creamy colour aswell which made me think the gasket has blown , the car also boosts as normal if that helps , I hope to hear back from someone soon , thanks.

Craig :

Iain@CRD

Lifer
The mayo under the cap would indicate the headgasket is away, so your first protocol is to rule that issue out by replacing it.
Iain

craig-glanzaEP91

Fresh Recruit
The mayo under the cap would indicate the headgasket is away, so your first protocol is to rule that issue out by replacing it.
Iain

thanks very much for the prompt response , appreciate it :). the oil cap also has a creamy gunge on it which i know is a sign of head gasket failure , it was just because someone had told me that doesnt always mean the head is away so got confused , is their any gasket set / bolt set you could recommend and do you know a website where I could purchase them ? Thanks alot. Craig

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I can supply the gaskets/bolts required if you wish Craig, Toyota will also do the same set. If you have access to a compression gauge then you can check your compression across at 4 cylinders to check if you have a drop in any which could indicate too headgasket failure.

weeJohn

Lifer
Welcome to the site Craig.

Iain is a good man to have working round your EP, if you are considering getting someone to fix it, you could do a lot worse than him.

triple j

Member +
take your head off and get it tested and skimmed man, u should not be boosting the car if u no the head gasket is gone.

craig-glanzaEP91

Fresh Recruit
I can supply the gaskets/bolts required if you wish Craig, Toyota will also do the same set. If you have access to a compression gauge then you can check your compression across at 4 cylinders to check if you have a drop in any which could indicate too headgasket failure.

that would be great mate how much is it ? is it better to go with this set or to seek a perfomance gasket set ? Im actually an apprentice mechanic and work for my uncle who has a compression checker at the work but the car is here so would need to get a hold of it from there. also where abouts are you situated mate and how much would I be looking at if you were happy to do the job ? Thanks for your help , Craig

craig-glanzaEP91

Fresh Recruit
take your head off and get it tested and skimmed man, u should not be boosting the car if u no the head gasket is gone.

I don't abuse the car mate I dont drive it I just know there is no problems with boost , its been off the road since i got it hence how i towed it home and never drove it

craig-glanzaEP91

Fresh Recruit
Welcome to the site Craig.

Iain is a good man to have working round your EP, if you are considering getting someone to fix it, you could do a lot worse than him.

thankyou , pleased to meet you :) , well my uncle is a self employed mechanic and he is really good at his job , its just we are really busy at work all the time and I would rather someone who has a background with working on performance cars , and knows starlets pretty well to carry out the work as i would like the best possible job done on the car as its my pride and joy already lol