power problem had to advance distributor to 21 degrees help please

took my rebuilt ep82 for a dyno it runs with mines ecu blitz turbo booster hks actuator 1 bar speedvision generation turbo ct9a mainfold and topmount hks silent power system it has a profiled cam and adjustable fuel reg it was sick only run 155 bhp so hence the above i thought and so ive been told sholud get around 180 to 200bhp i didnt only 154 bhp at 1 bar boost after checking timing all was ok fuel and air ok so they advaced the distributor to 21 degrees from 10 the fuel and air was the same at 21 degrees it put out 168 bhp (at the wheels)after 5 hours of trying the dyno man was left sratching his head and i was left with an empty wallet he could not work out what was going on he did one on friday similar set up and got 202 bhp at the wheels so can anyone help please.

dac69er

Super Moderator
cam timing out somewhere. either cambelt position out or the cams out of line? sounds like the most likely problem

Chris@CCM

Member +
Tps problem cross the 2 low pins of the tps out put it in dag mode and set the base timing to 10"btdc , if that dose not help check ur tps wiring to the ecu , if it helps reset ur tps and make sure it's working ok

Paul_JJ

Member +
Tps problem cross the 2 low pins of the tps out put it in dag mode and set the base timing to 10"btdc , if that dose not help check ur tps wiring to the ecu , if it helps reset ur tps and make sure it's working ok

Chris can you put some pics on where those 2 low pins located please?

THanks a lot!

the guy who rebuilt the engine said that he took of the solinoed for the hi low turbo boost on the dash wouuld that cause a problem with the blitz turbo booster and or cause a fault with the ecu.
thanks

weeJohn

Lifer
Whats the Blitz turbo booster, a boost controller? If you are getting 1 bar then it would be ok and should not affect the engine controls.

GP82

Member +
If you and the tuner are sure the timing is set correct, it's worth having a look at your knock sensor and it's wiring.