Question about radiator....

daryn

Member +
hey there,

just bought my starlet gt turbo on saturday, and i love it to bits! only one wee problem is, the guy who had it before me removed the aircon, and the radiator comes on when engine is cold, he said thats because the aircon is removed and something is redirected? is this correct, there is no probs, the car isnt over heating or anything, it just seems to come on early, i know that aint as bad as not coming on atall or coming on too late, but is there anything which could be causing this??

Thanks.
Daryn.

weeJohn

Lifer
This will happen if the presure sensor for the aircon has not been plugged back in when the aircon has been removed. Between the fusebox and the passenger headlight there will be a 4 pin plug that the sensor should be plugged into to stop this. Check it has not just came off the plug first, if its missing you will need one.

Might be hard to get one unless its off a breaker but if you post a wanted thread in the wanted section explaining that its the aircon sensor needed to stop the fan running all the time after the aircon is removed you might get one.

daryn

Member +
This will happen if the presure sensor for the aircon has not been plugged back in when the aircon has been removed. Between the fusebox and the passenger headlight there will be a 4 pin plug that the sensor should be plugged into to stop this. Check it has not just came off the plug first, if its missing you will need one.

Might be hard to get one unless its off a breaker but if you post a wanted thread in the wanted section explaining that its the aircon sensor needed to stop the fan running all the time after the aircon is removed you might get one.

ok thanks mate, so do u reckon thats what it is? al have a look, so if thats out, a need another one. cheers, is this an expensive thing?

daryn

Member +
hey, ive seen that theres a plug just kicking about between the radiator and fmic, at the passenger side headlight area..... and its not plugged into anything, where do i plug this in? to stop the fan coming on early?

weeJohn

Lifer
The sensor that used to be in the air con pipes that have been removed had the sensor that this was supposed to plug into. You will need another sensor.