Rev meter not working

ASHep82

Member +
hi guys started the car this morning but my rev meter stayed at 0 but the car was idling fine.the car drives perfect but I can hear a humming sound but can't figure out where it's coming from,but I cant hear the sound from outside only when I'm in the car please help guys :)

ASHep82

Member +
will do tomorrow but I don't think it's going to be a fuse because it's only the rev meter what's not working the rest of the dials work fine

weeJohn

Lifer
Rev counter gets its signal from the distributor wire IG-, its black with a silver bar on it (GT) and can also be found at the side of the diagnostic plug.

weeJohn

Lifer
Sounds like a dry solder joint or a crack in the track on the flexible pcb at the rear of the clocks.

dark_knight

Member +
@whiteglanzav: i meant, what was the particular nature of his problem. guys suggested possible faults and usual suspects but don't think i read anywhere about what he found to be the actual issue. so i was just saying, it would be nice to know.. :)

whiteglanzav

Member +
ahh right i see - it seemed like u wer slating the guy for him putting a thread up to answer a question if you get me,

well from the replys and the fact that its now working again intermitently it seems as if its a wiring fault of some minor sort !

dark_knight

Member +
most likely. i've come to learn that the same faults in our pocket rockets are usually because of very different reasons/conditions etc so at times, what works for one doesn't work for the other.. :D

ASHep82

Member +
Didn't open the clocks to check the wiring.it did it one more time and I just tapped the dial surround and its ok again.don't have time to check spacecraft but if I get some time I'll try have a look and let you know mate how I get on :)