Right Choice & My Problems Please Read!

Kerim

Fresh Recruit
Introduced myself now I thought I’d start a topic about my terrible time with my insurance company. Ok 2 weeks ago I got my car of my mate and shopped around online for car insurance was on comparethemarket.com and I did this now before anyone judges or posts anything READ THE WHOLE POST. I typed in 1st Starlet GT there was another option for Starlet GT Turbo so I tried both of them and noticed was about £20 different in price for whatever reason. Now just out of curiosity I said it was a GLI. The Quotes are below;

STARLET GT = £1,1080
STARLET GT TURBO = £1,1060
STARLET GLI =£ 870

Looking at the difference it’s not even remotely worth the risk for me to even think about insuring it illegally for the sake of £200 give or take. Anyway selected my GT I have confirmation quotes from comparethemarket.com saying about it being a GT and when I got transferred to the company that was cheapest Right Choice filled out everything and it would not complete so I decided to phone them up and by when I phoned them up they instantly knew who I was ect found that a bit weird at the time as was assuming most insurance companies are quite big and thought I would have to give a reference number. Anyone remember speaking the guy on the phone he had to put me on hold because the car was an import and he had to talk to his manager , got back to me and told me their would be a slight increase on the price because of it being an import even tho on their website says we insure imports....

Move forward a couple of days and I checked my bank account and less money has come out that I had expected (was smiling at the time) couple days went past got a email from them with stuff for me to fill out asking if this is correct ect. 1 Huge problem with my policy its insured as a Starlet GLI. Phoned them up instantly to try get this changed told her there was a mistake in my policy would like to get it changed. She said ok ill transfer you to adjustment department. I was on hold for 45 minutes then i hung up. Phoned them up again same women answered she said ok ill transfer you I told her to make sure someone is on the other end and I was on hold for 30 mins so hung up. Tried again the next couple of days exactly same thing happened don’t want to imagine what my Mobile phone bill is like from this. Sent them an email and have the email printed off for evidence I started to Google Right Choice insurance Brokers and it turns out I’m not the only one that can’t get though to these people. And their known for scamming not listening to people incorrect information and try everything to get out of paying out making agreements long term last ect. Judging by their track record I am likely to get a couple of letters from them soon saying they don’t have X information or paperwork back from me yet.

I have not received a certificate of insurance from them I check the MIB database and showing car insured but wrongly. What on earth do I do? Currently sent 3 emails to 3 different departments to them no responses. Phoned them up over 6 times been on hold for collective time of over 200 minutes.

I have a car that’s technically not insured
Phone bill though the roof
Terrified to drive the car as I got pulled over many times in my old car for doing absolutely nothing(general checks as they say or random stop).
No way of contacting these people
Can’t cancel my insurance as it though an outsource company that if I was to stop the direct debits would end up with bad credit rating.
I am truly royally Stuffed.

Do I go to the police , some type of compliance comity , go and visit these people when I go back home as their not that far from my parents house but not sure if I would be able to hold my tempa.

Sorry if this is a big read and about grammer spelling ect.

jhandy

Member +
I know it may sound funny but what does it say on your logbook ht turbo or gli. Because if it says gli your not driving illegaliy the best thing u can do if you pay monthly is cancel the direct debit and take insurance else where. How long.u been driving for. If more than 2 yrs try sky insurance look for the thread on here. If you still have no luck with the insurance seek advice.from a solicitor or something. Get them to send a demanding letter and say you want them to pay for the phone bills etc

Hope this helps

Jake

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

_shaun_

Member +
even if its insured as a gli on the logbook its still illegal to drive it as.

your in a pretty tricky situation i would try citizenes advise

Jay

Admin
I know it may sound funny but what does it say on your logbook GT turbo or GLI. Because if it says GLI your not driving illegaly

Completely incorrect.

He is driving a GT. If it is not insured as GT then it is illegal and he can be prosecuted.

Be very careful on the advice you offer, it could land someone in a lot of bother.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Of the options available I'd choose STARLET GT.

There was no non-turbo GT model, all GT's came with the 4EFTE 133bhp powerplant (we have the brochures to prove it).

The fact their info is incorrect isn't your problem, you can save £20 through their ignorance.

From your description it sounds like they are not delivering a reasonable level of service. It actually sounds quite a sorry experience for a customer they should be glad of in the current climate.

On your next call tell them they have the chance to sort matters properly or you are reporting them to the financial obmundsman (www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk) for the events so far. They can't even insure the right vehicle ffs.

This organisation regulates insurance companies so the last thing yours will want is them getting involved. From the website:

"the sale of motor insurance

When a driver buys a motor insurance policy, the insurer, intermediary and policyholder must all act in "good faith" – to ensure that both sides understand the cover that is being asked for and provided.

If there is a problem when the policy is being sold, it may only become apparent when the driver makes a claim under the policy. The insurer may refuse to pay part or all of the amount claimed – or may "void" the policy altogether, treating it as if it has never existed.

Problems like this include "fronting" – where a parent insures a vehicle saying they are the main driver, while actually their child is the main user. By insuring the vehicle in the parent’s name, the premium cost will be much lower.

We regularly see complaints that:

the seller of the motor insurance did not bring a feature of the policy or an exclusion to the policyholder’s attention;
the policyholder did not tell the insurer about standard modifications made to the vehicle, driving convictions or previous accidents or claims – and the insurer will now not pay the claim in full or in part;
the policyholder did not provide accurate information about the main driver of the vehicle – and the insurer will now not pay the claim in full or in part;
the intermediary or price comparison website did not pass on information accurately.
how we decide complaints

When making a decision on a complaint, we consider all the relevant circumstances and the arguments put forward by the policyholder and the insurer or the seller of the policy, including:

how information was presented to the policyholder;
what the insurer or broker told the policyholder about the policy;
what information the policyholder was asked to provide – and how the policyholder answered those questions in relation to their situation."

If you have to go down this route get your facts all straight (exact details of phone calls, documentation, etc) and unleash merry hell on the plonkers.

As you can tell, I feckin hate insurance companies. :haha:

weeJohn

Lifer
Look into trading standards for sale of insurance, pretty sure you have 14 days from when the policy was started as a "cooling off" period when you can cancel without charge. This is the only way to get them to pay attention, once money paid is withdrawn, they will contact you.

starletsy

Member +
As John has said trading standards are your best best also did you go through compare the market? If you did it might be worth contacting them also.

Kerim

Fresh Recruit
yea cheers for all of the above guys. Am collection all my call data ect things for me to do today contacting them one more time and contacting comparethemarket aswell. Going to talk to Premium Credit aswell as surely they would have more power if they say he will stop payments if they don't change my policy around. Ill keep everyone updated on what happens. Today is the 20th day they never sent me much information untill a week went past.

One thing I relay don't understand these people are going to make more money off me if they keep me then lose me worse comes to worse going to have to sorn car was not planning to drive in winter anyway and will just stop payments and contact Trading Standards or the financial ombudsman.

well I best get to work

triple j

Member +
Call in to them and demand to speak to someone face to face about the situation, and do not leave the building until u are happy, thats what i would do man.

skyinsurance

Member +
I know it may sound funny but what does it say on your logbook ht turbo or gli. Because if it says gli your not driving illegaliy the best thing u can do if you pay monthly is cancel the direct debit and take insurance else where. How long.u been driving for. If more than 2 yrs try sky insurance look for the thread on here. If you still have no luck with the insurance seek advice.from a solicitor or something. Get them to send a demanding letter and say you want them to pay for the phone bills etc

Hope this helps

Jake

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

That doesn't help at all Jake, but thanks for the recommendation for Sky Insurance. The car needs to be insured for what it is, not what is incorrectly recorded on the registration document. MAny, many cars are registered incorrectly, it is down to you to make sure it is insured correctly.

Kerim

Fresh Recruit
Hello Sky no luck with my RightChoice will be stoping the direct debt soon gave them till end of the week to sort it out. in the mean time sky do you have a contact number I can use to phone you to get some quotes?

skyinsurance

Member +
Hello Sky no luck with my RightChoice will be stoping the direct debt soon gave them till end of the week to sort it out. in the mean time sky do you have a contact number I can use to phone you to get some quotes?

Sure but first of all our criteria is as follows:

Age 19 or over with 2 years driving experience for TPFT Cover

Age 21 or over with 2 years driving experience for Fully Comprehensive cover

^ Both subject to at least 1 years claim free (provable experience)

Tel: 03303 331250

Last edited:

Kerim

Fresh Recruit
22 years old held my licence for 4 years 1 years no claims never had a single claim on accident so far *touches wood*

Kerim

Fresh Recruit
cheers ollie they phoned me back offered me a quote for 990 which im going to accept soon as right choice talk.

Kerim

Fresh Recruit
well cancil my policy with them will speak to you guys now I lost all my deposit due to cancellation fee ect but by looking at it i got out quiet easily compare to some of the storys manly that i mention the FOB to them.

Kerim

Fresh Recruit
Well thats done I am now Insured With sky insurance Very helpful over the phone and now have a insured GT legally so happy and give a big F*&* you to Right Choice but one less thing for me to worry about now.

skyinsurance

Member +
Well thats done I am now Insured With sky insurance Very helpful over the phone and now have a insured GT legally so happy and give a big F*&* you to Right Choice but one less thing for me to worry about now.

Good stuff, my apologies it was not done correctly upon your first enquiry.

Ollie
Sky Insurance