Rocker cover.

Elaine

Lifer
Can any tell me the easiest way to clean it that does not involve me scrubbing for hours on end…

Thanks
E :)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i do mine with a Brillo type thing(more like wires on the end of a drill) and skim the bastard!

works a treat

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
get one of them wire brushes on a power drill and do it that way thats what i done with mine, cos i couldnt be arsed to scrub for hours either. also use some wire wool, then polish it with autosol, works wonders.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
get one of them wire brushes on a power drill and do it that way thats what i done with mine, cos i couldnt be arsed to scrub for hours either. also use some wire wool, then polish it with autosol, works wonders.

thats what i said...

works really well, although the auto sol didnt seem to work?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
not at all..... ive done this to plenty of cars and nothings ever gone wrong....

If the gasket is still fine, i.e no splits/wear, then no need for replacing :)

just get your self a wire brush that fits on the end of a drill which you can get down halfords for about £3-£5... works a treat

Elaine

Lifer
Fair comment, but if you find it is crack you then have to wait for a new one to arrive to get it sorted… they don’t cost a lot so I always replace them

Cool I shall go to Halfords after work

Smore

Lifer
your arm will ache after a while though, with the vibrations of the drill

some could find that nice though lol

i used *gunk* to degrease it once it was off the car and then scrubbed and scrubbed and rubbed it down and used the power drill with sander to get rid of the nasty bits

i got a new gasket, no harm if its off, it fits into the rocker cover, just be careful when replaceing it that you dont pinch any of it when tightening it all down

thefalls

Member +
How about the practical way....get it painted nicely and then the cleaning becomes way easier..just swipping it with cloth...and voila you are shining ....

Dan3SGTE

Member +
but you really need to clean it all up prior to painting....

you cant just paint over all the grease.... well you can but will come out all lumpy and crap....