Rocket Cover Breather

P-ROONEY

Member +
Fitted My Oil Catch Can The Other Day,
Abit Of Smoke Is Coming Out Of The Filter On The The Can
When U Rev The Car More Comes Out,
Is This Normal As Im Been Choke By The Smoke In The Car..

dan

Member +
dont think smoke is normal mate, do a compression test to make sure everything is fine.

What colour smoke is it?

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
as above I would check the compression if you can just to put your mind at rest, wouldn't expect smoke to be coming out of the catch can though tbh

dan

Member +
any garage can do it, you can buy the kits from halfords to do it yourself, ive never done one. Its a 10min job really. I beleive you take the spark plugs out and drop the sensor or what ever it is in and it will give you the reading.

P-ROONEY

Member +
any garage can do it, you can buy the kits from halfords to do it yourself, ive never done one. Its a 10min job really. I beleive you take the spark plugs out and drop the sensor or what ever it is in and it will give you the reading.

THATS COOL THOUGHT IS WAS GONNA BE A BIG JOB

dan

Member +
if its screwed it will be a big job.

Not sure on what the compression ratio should be tho for each cylinder, think its about 145 or something.

You getting any smoke out of the exhuast?

P-ROONEY

Member +
if its screwed it will be a big job.

Not sure on what the compression ratio should be tho for each cylinder, think its about 145 or something.

You getting any smoke out of the exhuast?

YE THERE IS SMOKE COMNG OUT OF EXHUAST,
I PUT ON MY NEW POWER UP KIT AND FMIC THAT I GOT FROM SACHA ON THE WEEKEND PLUS AN OIL CATCH CAN I HAD..
I ALSO CHANGED THE OIL BUT NOT THE SPARK PLUGS AS I HAVE NONE YET..

P-ROONEY

Member +
how much oil did you put in? may have a tad too much if your lucky?

wha mods are you running to support? what boost?

oil is just at the full mark,cant remember which oil i use but is there a certin oil.

mods are sacha's power up kit which is mani, decat ,fmic ,also airfilter moved to front of car, jam ecu, blitz bov..

fur

Member +
do a compression test
sounds to me like u may have loads of blowby which usually indicates worn rings or broken ring lands, keep you fingers crossed and see what the compression is like across the cylinders

take the spark plugs out, then screw the compression tester in the first plug hole and crank the engine a few times with wide open throttle and take note of the reading the compressor tester gauge gives you.

then repeat the above for each cylinder afterwards.

ideally you want the 4 cylinder results to be as close as possible. if theres a big gap between 2 results then you have a problem with either rings or head gasket

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
do a compression test
sounds to me like u may have loads of blowby which usually indicates worn rings or broken ring lands, keep you fingers crossed and see what the compression is like across the cylinders

yep fur is spot on! sounds like thats what hes suffering from...

kon

P-ROONEY

Member +
guyz i checked my oil for the first time when it was cold and its about 7mm over the full mark so gonna drain it 2mrw in work.

my car only has 85000km on it,and i dont drive the car hard at all and i only imported it last september,the car was fine till i started the mods on saturday
i hope its just the oil..let u's know 2mrw,
thanks for the help...