Running CT9 @ 1 bar

yiph

Member +
I'm planning to take my CT9 up to about 1BAR boost. Here are the parts that I have got so far:

HKS actuator
RX7 TMIC
New spark plugs and HT leads
custom mani and dump pipe
HKS FCD

Have I missed any parts needed?

yiph

Member +
FPR, fuel pump, filter, boost controller.

I thought the stock FPR/pump is able to keep up with the CT9, but no the bigger turbos? How bad can it be without the pump and FPR?

And what filter are you talking about? Fuel filter?

VXR230BHP

Member +
I thought the stock FPR/pump is able to keep up with the CT9, but no the bigger turbos? How bad can it be without the pump and FPR?

And what filter are you talking about? Fuel filter?

The stock fuel pumps are getting on a bit now so upgrading when running a bar of boost is no harm. A good airfilter or cone filter will let the engine breath
better. Best to do it right when taking a CT9 to a bar of boost no stock internals.

Paul_JJ

Member +
The stock fuel pumps are getting on a bit now so upgrading when running a bar of boost is no harm. A good airfilter or cone filter will let the engine breath
better. Best to do it right when taking a CT9 to a bar of boost no stock internals.

What is a good air filter in you opinion? How much CFM is that?

yiph

Member +
I've got pod filter in the car already, so that's no problem. Also got the dump pipe waiting to be installed.

How much is the upgraded fuel pump+FPR? And which boost controller? Seems like that's the only two pieces I'm missing?

good setup on a rolling road is a must
How can you get a tune without aftermarket ECU?

danb87

South East England Area Rep
by fitting a fpr, they can adjust fueling for that setup. always adviseable too get a piggy back emanage or something. but its ok too do it that way. an also a safc is a good idea i currently have one for my setup but got hybrid at .7 soon too be 1.2 bar

yea the neo is the new safc lol 500 euros expensive? in your opinion yano also the fcd i have read on here can cause the car to lean out all the way up the rev range :s

danb87

South East England Area Rep
yea the neo is the new safc lol 500 euros expensive? in your opinion yano also the fcd i have read on here can cause the car to lean out all the way up the rev range :s

thats probally true mate. ont know much about the fcd, but i have had no issues ith mine its never run lean an always been rich if anyting

stock fuel pump will be fine but upgrading is no harm as said, regards filter i use apexi power intake and its very gd.

you will need some kind of fueling device, the cheapest method is a RRFPR in line with the FCD which will need setting up on a rolling road to ensure correct fueling, the fcd will cause you to lean out on fuel though the rev range which is dangerous to the engine and could result in detenation.

the other route is as said a emanage or simular setup and mapped on a rolling road.

as for the fuel pump, it should be fine running a CT9 at a bar but you can get one of tuningdevelopments which is cheaper and doesnt wine like the walboro units for peace of mind, iam running this on a Td04 setup 1 bar with no issues.
http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/products.php?cat=32

yiph

Member +
you will need some kind of fueling device, the cheapest method is a RRFPR in line with the FCD which will need setting up on a rolling road to ensure correct fueling, the fcd will cause you to lean out on fuel though the rev range which is dangerous to the engine and could result in detenation.

the other route is as said a emanage or simular setup and mapped on a rolling road.

as for the fuel pump, it should be fine running a CT9 at a bar but you can get one of tuningdevelopments which is cheaper and doesnt wine like the walboro units for peace of mind, iam running this on a Td04 setup 1 bar with no issues.
http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/products.php?cat=32

You mean there are two options I could choose from my current path:

Option 1:
New FPR + FCD and tune on rollers

Option 2:
eManage + FCD and tune on the rollers
or
SAFC and tune on rollers

Optional: New fuel pump

Tuning development doesn't seem to ship across the globe to Australia though. :(
Which brand/type of FPR do you guys use here?

Paul_JJ

Member +
You mean there are two options I could choose from my current path:

Option 1:
New FPR + FCD and tune on rollers

Option 2:
eManage + FCD and tune on the rollers
or
SAFC and tune on rollers

Optional: New fuel pump

Tuning development doesn't seem to ship across the globe to Australia though. :(
Which brand/type of FPR do you guys use here?

You could also go for an aftermarket ECU and that would need to be mapped as well, but that would be the best and the most expensive way to go -)