running on 1-2 or maybe 3 cylnders...subaru style...

C

CaL

what could this problem be?i thought its just the plugs?its happened as i think of the deisel cloging them up??is it this???took one out and it looked bad....btw it was miss firing and popping loud bangs....and the throttle was kinda stiff.....if you get me?

Last edited by a moderator:

99glanzav

Banned
there goes your daddys daily driver...diesel in a petrol car:shoot:i wonder what sort of things you will post when you can actually old enough to drive the car...lol

C

CaL

??my dad has a mondeo....wtf you on about??cant you PLEASE just help me?not fucking spaming

Kelly

Member +
i put a a quarter of a tank of diesel in my car on accident ages ago (posted on the old site) i just diluted it with unleaded and kept putting more and more unleaded in everytime i could squeeze a couple of quid in there. My car has been perfect! So glad i noticed when i did, i know that anything more that 6litres needs to be drained.

99glanzav

Banned
you said in other threads that he drives the car...also if he didnt drive it,why did it need petrol(or diesel.....)??

depends on how much diesel it was you put in,my mate put a full tank of diesel in a bzr levin....was fine after a few days,obviously drained it full and changed fuel filter etc etc

lanxter

Member +
put derv juice in mine before, even didnt realise and kept trying to start it.

towned her home drained it out. put some decent fuel in shell V power and some injector cleaner - runs spot on

Jay

Admin
Does it matter? Does it help? Could I listen to the same argument again?

Right keep it on topic please..

C

CaL

man this is wank...it was fine yesterday.....ffs.....where can i get a fuel filter from and how much??easy to change?and how do i take out injectors???cheers people.....why do people spam for fucks sake....ove learnt so why dont they?dont think il need a fuel filter.....;leads are fine....il clean the plugs tomoro and see what happens

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay

Admin
Welcome to the joys of maintaining and repairing a Starlet Turbo.

(The real reason this site was created)

Fuel filter £30-ish from Toyota. Tricky to change but not difficult.

Add injector cleaner to the fuel tank. It'll clean the injectors as they operate.

C

CaL

ok thanks jay matey....big help you are.....thanks.....il just bike down and get some injector cleaner....clean plugs....hope its ok.....

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
We sell fuel filters for £14.00 if needed. Check your HT leads and see if there all connected properly, have they been taken off for any reason and put on in the wrong order? Check the plugs, dizzy and rotor arm and report back.

T

ChrisGT

Member +
Give your dizzy a good clean and get rid of all the lovely green corrosion. make sure plugs are plugged in correctly and firing on the correct cylinder. might as well buy some new plugs while your at it. then like jay is saying new fuel filter and top up of unleaded.

let me know how it goes man!

C

CaL

reet....il clean the plugs and check the leads....hope it goes ok....cheers guys

sx_turbo

Lifer
how did you put deisel in it?

fuel filters are easy to change, providing you can get the nut off the top.

you really must put in a new fuel filter, you run the risk of blowing it up if you dont.