SARD Regulator issue - fittings?

riko666

Member +
Well I tried putting together the regulator today so it's ready to install once I get the Fuel Rail Adaptor, but my god, are the nipple fittings even made for the same regulator??? They're all such a tight fit...so much so that they can't be completely torqued down, and I've threaded the output (bottom) outlet of the regulator to the point I can't torque in the fitting anymore

Bloody annoying, is it just ill quality fittings? I doubt it's a fake considering the source, but if this is SARD Quality...

mine was the same mate really tight
thread them in and take them out will go in easier second time
my mate put plumbers tape in the threads i think aswell

riko666

Member +
glad I'm not the only one - I realise being a fuel related component which is made to endure 100's of atmospheres of fuel pressure that it has to be robust, but something this ill fitting just won't be

dac69er

Super Moderator
its only around 3-4 bar absolute max mate! thats only 3-4 times atmospheric pressure!

i used ptfe (plummers) tape on mine just to be sure. seems to be ok. make sure you put the correct fitting on the correct place. there are 2 different thread sizes on the regulator

dac69er

Super Moderator
deisels are a different story though, they have alot higher fuel pressure that petrol engines

goldenvtr

Member +
Rikko please tell me you use some sort of thread sealer, no matter how tight you do it wihtout sealer itll leak.

riko666

Member +
..........*sigh*..........i've got some ptfe tape, i'll put it on the 2 i managed to get on now

dac69er

Super Moderator
mine didnt come with the nipple for the rail adapter but it had a spare red nipple so i just screwed that it. its slightly the wrong thread but worked fine!

riko666

Member +
mine was supposed to include "everything" but ah well...oh, and it seems like the two nipples (oooh errr) that I managed to get on have welded themselves in...spiffing

riko666

Member +
but....you are, my car isn't held together with Zip Ties :p

BAh, I need a manly man to undo and redo these fittings :(