Setting Up D2 Coilovers

Glanza_graeme

Fresh Recruit
Anyone have a good guide on how to set up d2 coilovers.....i no there ment to be rough but i didnt thinks this rough.lol im not sure how exactly to adjust the height either ive done it a small bit. there alson seems to be a clunck noise if i steer when not mooving.

sx_turbo

Lifer
Anyone have a good guide on how to set up d2 coilovers.....i no there ment to be rough but i didnt thinks this rough.lol im not sure how exactly to adjust the height either ive done it a small bit. there alson seems to be a clunck noise if i steer when not mooving.

on my buddy clubs i get that same clunk, and it bloody annoying, and i cant find wot it is.

as regards to the stiffness, i'm sure you can adjust the shock stiffness, did you get any instructions?

Glanza_graeme

Fresh Recruit
yea but there not that clear. i hate the clunk especially reverse parking constantly turning from one way to another its make loads of noise

Smore

Lifer
clunk could either be the cv joints or the front anti roll bar hitting off the wishbone due to the anti lift kits - some of them

Glanza_graeme

Fresh Recruit
nope aint cv joints or wishbones only happend when i fitted the d2s think its themself thats makin the noise the spring or sumfin

Smore

Lifer
nope aint cv joints or wishbones only happend when i fitted the d2s think its themself thats makin the noise the spring or sumfin

mine only started when i lowered the car, but also could be something not tight on the actual coilovers as well

dac69er

Super Moderator
my uk starlet seems to do it just on lowering springs too for some reason!?!?

its fairly loud on the GT and its to do with the coilovers, didnt do it to start with though. i think it may be to do with the spring moving or something?

Sparky

Member +
Mine makes a similar noise since I fitted the D2's...sound like the spring is unloading ....like a pinging noise...is that what everyone elses is like???

dac69er

Super Moderator
kinda like a creaky/clicky noise on mine!?!? it is hard to explain.

does sound like the spring twisting then unloading.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i think its becuase of the way the springs seat that allows them to twist. this coupled with the fact that dirt and shit gets between the spring and seat and makes it make dodgy noises

b0t13

Fresh Recruit
my saxo does it, its the spring twisting round when u turn when the car is still, isnt anything damaged but annoying as fuck..

Dave.

Member +
i get a noise that i can only describe as a spring unloading (like yous have said) from the BACK of my car when i hit a bump at speed (you know, change in road surface or something) or if i go round a corner with a bit of pace...

wierd

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well not if your going over a bump its a different curcumstance, would be nice if dave b could put some input in to see if he has experienced it as he sells them?