Short changed by a bank machine

Went to the bank today and withdrew £90 yet I only got £80.

Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Is it just a case of contacting my bank as it was a bank machine at a supermarket, not my bank itself.

Aint a massive amount but it's the principle really!

dac69er

Super Moderator
i used a machine once. tried to withdraw £100. it didnt have enough cash so it gave my card back and said out of order!!!!

gv1.3

Admin
I did some work on deploying ATM machines before, they are very tightly monitored.

If it gave you less than you asked for it will have 10 quid more in it than it is supposed to so the bank can easily check.

Call up the bank as soon as possible, there is usually a phone number on the back of your card, and ask them what the process is for reporting this.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
ive only ever have the machine give me more than i ask for , never less. plus i had a right result one night pressed for £20 an it gave me £80 checked my balance straigh away an it only charged me £20

i was like wooo free money

AdDaMan

Member +
i used a machine once. tried to withdraw £100. it didnt have enough cash so it gave my card back and said out of order!!!!

LMAO. You dont get out much do you Dunc?!
Thats happened to me probably 50+ times, do you go into a bank to get your money or something?

Arnold

Lifer
Went to the bank today and withdrew £90 yet I only got £80.

Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Is it just a case of contacting my bank as it was a bank machine at a supermarket, not my bank itself.

Aint a massive amount but it's the principle really!

Happened to my girlfriend at a supermarket cash point. She phoned the bank up straight away and they refunded her about a week later.

Japsport85

Member +
happened to me once before mate, have never trusted banks since!!

went to an atm and checked my balance and i had somethin like £100.56 avaliable (roughly)

went to withdraw 100 from it said you have insufficient funds??

gave me my card back and didnt give any money out of it...

put my card back in and my it said my avaliable was 56p LOL!!

i was livid, ended up going to the bank to find out what had happened and still to this day i havn't had a penny back!!

i hate banks big time :shoot: