Sick of People Ignoring Advice

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Seriously annoyed at people costantly ignoring advice regarding cars.

Last year i got the gf a mint Glanza, she had it for 8mths but due to long distance travelling and needing bigger car i sold it on to a mate. Now at first things were great, he spent over £3k on upgrades which i ordered & helped him fit. Then he went TD04 on which i advised him to get better discs & pads but he's the type that cleans the car every day of the week.

Now i only drove the car once since he went TD04 and i struggled to stop the car on a straight road, he constantly hits fuel cut everywhere he goes and i got a call other night with suspected turbo gone but lucky enough it wasn't.

I offered to service the car for him as a favour as he did some plumbing work in the house for me. Yet again he has ignored me and went n bought TRD oil filter, expensive oil and few cosmetic bits and handed the car over to a mechanic to do all the work, fair enough if he didnt want it done for free.

Sorry for the rant but i can see this fella either ruining a good car or killing someone. Latest is he's getting a roll cage done and upgraded clutch even though he don't need either and could do with brakes that actually work.

wesgt

Lifer
ah fools like this will never learn!! let him at it, and if i were you i wouldn't bother offering anymore help, he'll be sorry he didn't listen when one day he can't stop it in time!
reminds me of an ex girlfriend, wanted one of those mgzr's, i told her no, there shite and head gaskets go, she got one anyway, 3 months later i got to say i told you so :haha:

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Ye hate seeing this glanza go to shite now, gf would love it back but I'm tryin to tell her to just leave it now. Car was perfect when i sold it, everything standard still on it, every heat shield and even std exhaust system.

dac69er

Super Moderator
sounds exactly like one of my mates. spends loads of money on shit he doesnt need for his evo, but the gearbox is on its way out and the brakes are awful .

latest one is his new wheels. instead of spending a little more money on some that fit his car with the right offset he just gets some cheapo crap with the wrong offset that constantly hit the arches and are now wearing them away, not to mention what it has done to the tires!

some people are beyond help i think :(

wesgt

Lifer
sounds exactly like one of my mates. spends loads of money on shit he doesnt need for his evo, but the gearbox is on its way out and the brakes are awful .

latest one is his new wheels. instead of spending a little more money on some that fit his car with the right offset he just gets some cheapo crap with the wrong offset that constantly hit the arches and are now wearing them away, not to mention what it has done to the tires!

some people are beyond help i think :(

corection, some people shouldn't have cars!!

I know a few folk like that. or they just dream/talk about lots of mods and stuff yet don't even service their car or fix parts on their car that should be looked at first before thinking of modding.

gv1.3

Admin
I understand your plight 100%. I have stopped giving advice on certain things to people as they just seem to go their own way and you are wasting your breath. The funny thing is they seem to want to involve you when it all goes wrong and they need help.

Ever get people who spend 250 quid getting a "service" done on their car that is worth 3 grand? Ever try telling them to simply drop the oil out change the fliter and fill the oil up? Ever see them completely ignoring you and wasting their money? ..... the way I look at it now is, so long as my car is okay thats all I am concerned about.

EVERYBODY knows somebody like this :haha:. I have lost count of the amount of peole that have ignored my advice when I tell them the first theing they should do is suspension, quality tyres and brakes. They always say 'Ya, thats what i'll do so, thanks very much' and the next time you see then the open the bonnet and show you the new turbo they have fitted. When I ask what brakes, suspension and tyres they got, they say 'Oh, I didn't get them yet the car was too slow, I get them later on'.

Having more power is all well and good but if your car cant handle that power then whats the point. They are perfectly entitled to do what ever they want to do to their car, they can bolt the jet engine from the Lockheed SR-71 "Blackbird" if thats what they want but don't come to me asking me 'what SHOULD I do' and then totally ignore me and do exactly what you wanted to do in the first place :rolleyes:

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
I serviced both the In laws cars last weekend and only charged them for all the bits i needed which came to a total of £97. They do a lot for me so only fair i returned the favour.

But as for my mate, clutch was perfect when he got the car and i doubt it would have gone in such a short space of time, suppose it don't help he's constantly crunching gears either.

Ryan87

Member +
I serviced both the In laws cars last weekend and only charged them for all the bits i needed which came to a total of £97. They do a lot for me so only fair i returned the favour.

But as for my mate, clutch was perfect when he got the car and i doubt it would have gone in such a short space of time, suppose it don't help he's constantly crunching gears either.

Seen this glanza last nite when i was out and about jay.

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Ha ha suppose he wasn't taking it easy either?

I got a call when @ Coolnights to say he hit fuel cut and another at the weekend there so i reckon that's a total of about 20 fuel cuts since he got it.

Ryan87

Member +
it was parked up when i seen it. I was only in the town for 15mins getting a feed. So i didnt stick around

danb87

South East England Area Rep
ive got a mate whos exactly the same, he works with a bunch of cossie muppet, who encouraged him too do all this. they told him yea get these bit an we will fit it an set it up so your hitting 400bhp etc he spent almost 4k on a turbo upgrade,management, suspension, alloys.

they fitted it all. now the car barley runs. coughs an splats all over the place.

i said too him, come on here get some tips on what YOU want too do not wat others want u too do. he said nah they know what there talkin about.

i said ok its your money. since hes had all this done ive had txts askin what could be wrong, any ideas how too solve it. i just said no idea, im sure the cossie boys can sort it. an still too this day his cars not run properly.

hes a grade a muppet.

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Just makes me look bad as i fitted everything to the car and Jay did the fuelling for us. Just dnt wanna get the blame when it goes bang or worse.

thefalls

Member +
Some people just like to learn the hard way,though i seriously doubt if they ever learn!

Last edited: