standard ecu mappable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CaL

hi all im after 180bhp as some will know....but i dont want e manage or any other sort of mumbo jumbo expensive shit....so i wondered if the ecu standard is mappable??because when i get my rrfpr and fcd ,actuator to run 1.1 bar etc. i want it to run perfect and be just right and get peak power.....and doing it through the ecu is the way right??so is it possible?as most 180+bhp owners have e manage.many many thanks.cal

riko666

Member +
NO! Stop posting rubbish! That's why everyone gets an eManage, it's programmable! My god Cal, do some reading, do some thinking BEFORE you post the thread...

no our ecu's cant be reprogrammed , i think a guy is trying to see if he can do it but not heard from him in a while so i would say no. only why is piggyback ecu or Apexi fuel controller as a min

riko666

Member +
Sorry for the short fuse, but seriously...Cal, learn to think before your blarb...you seriously need to stop releasing poo you haven't thought about before actually writing it. Does it make sense people spending hundreds, and sometimes thousands of Pounds on Piggyback, and Standalone ECU's if there were a vague chance of people being able to tune the standard ones??

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yea havent heard anymore from him on the subject, give him a lil break riko i no he chats alota shit sometimes but that was a honest question

no you could by a Apexi SAFC2 and tune the fuel curve with this other wise get a emanage and you will have loads of tuning options and you can sell you FCD

lanxter

Member +
think what annoys most people is hes asking questions how to make a 180bhp car and he doesnt have a licence isnt going to get insured on a stadnard GT mind a modded one so everyone just sees it as pointless shit hes posting.

well i do anyway

C

CaL

thanks ad....yeah an riko i didnt think....and theres nothing(NOTHING!) on this site saying that the oem ecu isnt mappable....couldnt i get the car setup properly to 180bhp with out the ecu being fiddled with?and lanxter i have the money and i have the plan....dont you get worrying about insurance now dear.....

riko666

Member +
yea havent heard anymore from him on the subject, give him a lil break riko i no he chats alota shit sometimes but that was a honest question

Another day, another 100 pointless questions for getting power he won't be able to use/control...why can't people just face reality?? I don't remember being so clouded of judgement at 16??? Bah I dunno...Italians rant too much

Cal: It's common sense...people wouldn't in their right mind spend so much on an ECU if they could modify their current one

Adam_Glanza

Member +
hes obviously just very excited about getting his car and making it go fast.

tbh i used to think these kind of things but i didnt have a forum to post on i just dreamt it up in my head.

i no hes rushing it a bit and i totally agree on that, think wat everyone is trying to say cal is just keep it to yourself as much as you can and research as much as possible before posting

C

CaL

ok:)lol ad yeah thats the thing ha.....well i jst need help really on the subject and want it all set out in my head...as i dont want to run into any problems.....i think i might get a afc....but i might just get it setup properly i.e rrfpr at correct adjustment and fcd etc....and 1.1 bar

riko666

Member +
I'm saying what Ad just said...just in a slightly less restrained manner :p...I don't mean to be a bastard to you (well, I do, I like the tough love school of learning and you annoy me) but dear god, think before you speak

Last edited:
running the car on the FCD and reg is a very crude way of tuning mate and they car may last for a long time but will give in at some point due to this type of tuning. if you must do it this way i 100% point you towards the Apexi SAFC2 to allowfor the adjustment of the fuel curve. tuning it the other way will just make the car rich as hell lower down the rev range which is not good for the engine either.

Status
Not open for further replies.