Standard ECU???

jamGTT

Member +
Hi guys I've had a look but cant find anything through the search button, does the standard ECU 'learn'? as in if i fitted a BOV and/or fmic would the standard ECU adjust the fueling? sorry to ask if this is a stoopid question:slap:Cheers

Derek

Lifer
Afraid not man its not self learning. don't worry about asking questions thats what were here for.

jamGTT

Member +
thanks matey, always a bit wary askin bone questions lol so i guess its upto the fpr and fcd then or do i need an aftermarket fuel management straight away? are the standard ones re-mappable?:confused:

Derek

Lifer
thanks matey, always a bit wary askin bone questions lol so i guess its upto the fpr and fcd then or do i need an aftermarket fuel management straight away? are the standard ones re-mappable?:confused:

If your un-sure ask away man you will always get a reply, you could get it set up on a fpr and fcd, but the majority on here would recommend going for a piggy back ecu. Standard ecu can't be remapped but there are a lot of options out there for piggybacks to suit different needs.

Hi guys I've had a look but cant find anything through the search button, does the standard ECU 'learn'? as in if i fitted a BOV and/or fmic would the standard ECU adjust the fueling? sorry to ask if this is a stoopid question:slap:Cheers

If you fit a BOV or a FMIC then you don't need anything adjusted fuelling wise.

It is only when you want to run more boost you need extra fuel added to compensate the extra boost. (You can run up to 0.8 Bar boost on standard ECU)

Jay

Admin
The standard ECU does 'learn' but not in the way you mean buddy. It'll still handle a FMIC and BOV no problem though.