Standard or aftermarket panhard rod measurments

RoyalDutchie

Member +
Does anybody have the dimensions of the pan hard rod? Want to weld one up but I do not have a spare one yet sadly.

Jay

Admin
Stock V?

I have a few standard ones lying about, will check them out and report back.

The adjustable ones aren't too expensive but I'd never stand in the way of invention :)

RoyalDutchie

Member +
Stock V?

I have a few standard ones lying about, will check them out and report back.

The adjustable ones aren't too expensive but I'd never stand in the way of invention :)
The stock V indeed. Can you also measure the diameter of the holes where the bolts go through?

Ye not to expensive, was thinking about making one from stainless steel, just have to check which grade is right and find a reason why they aren't many made off stainless.

Also have to choose to go with poly urethane bushings or spherical bearings like the cusco one. Don't know if it makes any difference though.

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
I used a stock one, chopped it and welded an adjuster in. Never actually got round to using it though!

RoyalDutchie

Member +
I used a stock one, chopped it and welded an adjuster in. Never actually got round to using it though!
That is to much DIY for me:D

I think they are around 80 Quid's new the adjustable ones
They aren't expensive for sure, but still need to pay a hefty shipping fee to the Netherlands as well. More interested into make one myself, even though I'll probably end up buying one in the end.

SKINY

Lifer
The swivel joints we have in work for adjusting big electrical motors would be perfect to do a cut n weld job with