Strange feeling of power loss after oil change......

Somhairle

Lifer
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this, as it's a first for me with any of my 3 GT's I've owned....

Decided an oil change was on the cards today....

Took a dip reading before I started, when the engine was cold and on a perfectly flat surface. The dip stick read between L and F, right in the middle, so not much to worry about as it's only a small amount so...

I warm the engine up, drain the old oil out, remove the filter, replace that.... tighten everything back up and fill it up with GTX magnatec 10w 40. Started the car to fill the oil filter and topped up as required, job done.

So driving it now, it don't seem as rev happy, It pulls well, no boost leaks etc etc.... The engine just dont seem as raw? It's definately not revving as quickly as before the oil change, so it has me a little puzzled.

Cheers for any replies....

Som.

maybe it just needs to get the oil a little bit dirty and sticky so it needs to work harder

i dunno buddy

i sometimes feel like my car aint quick some days but its all in my head,i think you must be use to ur power too much

time for some more:rockon:

Somhairle

Lifer
maybe it just needs to get the oil a little bit dirty and sticky so it needs to work harder

i dunno buddy

i sometimes feel like my car aint quick some days but its all in my head,i think you must be use to ur power too much

time for some more:rockon:

lol yeah, its on the cards....

Im kinda thinking that the last oil in the car was thinner perhaps, or fully synthetic......

It's definately not revving as before, and this is the first oil change since I took ownership.....

Sigh......bloody starlets :haha:

Som.

Gryzor

Admin
Could be just that the weather is a bit better :)
give it another go later this evening as the forecast is -1.

Somhairle

Lifer
You didnt dislodge a cooler pipe when getting to the filter by chance Somhairle?

I thought about that too John, but definately not. It's 100% not leaking boost. Just had it for a good motorway run there. It drives fine, pulls well, just isn't as rev happy. Its holding boost and fully boosting by 2.8k.

Its just odd, its kinda hard to explain but before the oil change the engine revved like stirring a cup of water.....now it revs like stirring a cup of golden syrup......lol, best analogy I could think of there :haha:

Som.