such a bad day, wasnt even one bit funny!!

kilo

Member +
do you know one of those days that everything goes wrong, but you seem to just giggle it off? i couldnd yesterday, for me to get to the other side of the mot centre without a gbh charge was nothing short of a miracle. everything that could have went wrong did. car when for mot about 3months ago and failed on brake line, horn and rear fog light. i fixed those, went for it again and he failed me on brake pads,disks and tyres. i explained it had bin be for and hasnt done a mile from the last mot but he just turned rude and snotty. so keeping the 3 c's in mind (cool,calm and collective) i scrunched the retest paper in his face and said "how does it feel to contradict your collegues?? he answered with a shrug and a grunt, i said "your a disgrace to be allowed anywhere near a car like mine with that attitude" you may thing im was rude but ive only told you of the last straw towards mot guys. im just sick to the teeth of them. new centre next time

Stulet-GTT

Member +
That sucks mate...

Some garage's take the pee, thats why i always take mine to someone i know...

Hope ya get it sorted soon...

kilo

Member +
i think im guna fold my arms and huff for another few months. was thinking of a complaint, but whats the point. what would they do a bout it.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
I would contact the M.o.T center about the place an tell them about it..
Show them both fail sheets so they can see the car only done like a mile or so...

kilo

Member +
ill have to find the old sheet. its worth a go but i can see them just saying the inspectors decision stands. even the guy who approced me to say i was 10mins late was completly rude there was absolutly no call for it. im not a rude person, for anyone who has met me im pretty shy but polite, but i do try not to get anoyed about thing becuse if i started i honestly dont know if id stop. i prefare to make a joke and carry on with things, i think this time its a more tacktfull approace..... im going to write a big long letter so if nothing they will waste their time reading it lol

Last edited:
That sucks mate...

Some garage's take the pee, thats why i always take mine to someone i know...

Hope ya get it sorted soon...

In Northern Ireland there is only designated MOT centres that MOT your car unlike UK mainland you can get it tested in lots of different garages.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
i had a zr before i got my gt, an when i 1st got it i took it for an mot, the prvious day i had a mate check it over who is an mot tester an he yea thats fine no problems obs didn do an emisions test but everything else was fine.

when sitting atch in the observation bay, he checkin it over an then i see him tryin too wobble the headlights too see if there fixed in. next thing crack i heard, he had broken the bracket.

i didn think much of it until he handed me the fail sheet an the reason being the headlight was not secured in.

i didn xplain too his boss i had seen him break it but they wasn havein any of it.

so i just grabbed my keys off the desk an left without payin i said fuck this see ya.

wankers. i took it too another mot place few mins away. passed 1st time with the headlight as an advisory.

kilo

Member +
im not going to start swearing or this post will be as long as harry potter lol. my 1st GT MOT experience was this fat doppy lookin cunt, sorry, was slamming my door, across the centre i shouted what the fuck are you doing you beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!! the door handle is just stuck if yo used your god giving gift of sight. at the end i got a fail.... door not secure/safe. he had broke the actual cliping bracket on the frame...all aroung it had cracked

dac69er

Super Moderator
to be fair mate. sounds like your car isnt exactly perfect.

every tester has their own opinions on what is bad and what is not. do you have pics of the pads/discs and tires he failed you on?

also, if the door handle is stuck and the door doesnt close then it has a defect. admittedly the retard should keep slamming it, but at the end of the day it shouldnt be like that.

SupaStu

Member +
to be fair mate. sounds like your car isnt exactly perfect.

every tester has their own opinions on what is bad and what is not. do you have pics of the pads/discs and tires he failed you on?

also, if the door handle is stuck and the door doesnt close then it has a defect. admittedly the retard should keep slamming it, but at the end of the day it shouldnt be like that.

That's unlucky failing again. As Duncan said, if may be that the new tester picked up on a few other things that possibly the other guy missed. Are the tyres he failed you on out of tread? At least you can change them as the cops would give out more fines this time of year for worn tyres etc. Pads are easy to change, and discs too.

I know they are strict, but before going again do a sanity check on all the little niggly things and the stuff on the list before you go, as I know its stressful going if you are not 100% on everything with the car.

Hope you get it all sorted :)

nanglebadger

Member +
bit shit man, i only hear bad things about the centres down ur way. try the lisburn centre man, iv found them to be really sound in there, askin me all about the car and even revvin her inside the test hall for a laugh, and sure its only 20mins from craigavon.

Phil.