Td04 & jam ecu safe without fpr & 330s?

gizzy98

Member +
Hi guys,

Im running a speedvision hybrid via a jam ecu atm but im going down the td04 route & selling my old ct9 setup.

I've got an uprated pump but no other fuel mods, am I safe to fit the td04 & run it at low boost .7 or .8 bar max until I get it to the rolling road or do I need to get some bigger injectors & a rrfpr as well?

Thanks,

Adam

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Tbh I wouldn't run it till you get it on rr and have afr checked not worth risk of damage Hard to say really might be ok on standard injectors might just have to fit fpr but hard to say might need both injectors and fpr needs to be checked really mate get it on rr or fit fpr then put it on rr might just get away with fpr

weeJohn

Lifer
At that boost it probably would be ok with the stock injectors and these ECUs prefer stock fuel pressure as thats what they are expecting to see. I wouldnt fit the RRFPR as the ECU will not like it unless its a linear type, but I would first check the boost will stay as low as you plan and then check the AFRs.

gizzy98

Member +
Thanks guys, I did read somewhere abt not running an fpr with the jam but can't find it now.

Think ill fit the kit then keep boost low until I get the afr checked & go from there then.

Gulp

Don't think running fpr will effect ecu I use a blitz access and have had no problems for nearly 2 years all fpr does is force fuel through injectors as long as afr is ok shouldn't be a problem

Last edited:

gizzy98

Member +
What fpr do u use m8? I've seen the fse & Sard ones but not sure where the best place is to get one from.

ktl

Member +
TD04 + JAM RACING ECU 1.1-1.2bar made 233hp :)

dont boost around until you get it checked out on dyno though as every ecu is different.

Sard 1 of the best really mate just make sure its a original lots of fakes around I'm using 1 from tm developments Dave off here not had any problems mate

weeJohn

Lifer
Don't think running fpr will effect ecu I use a blitz access and have had no problems for nearly 2 years all fpr does is force fuel down rail as long as afr is ok shouldn't be a problem

If its a non linear RRFPR the Blitz ECU will be all over the place on AFRs. The FPR keeps fuel pressure in the rail by restricting fuel flow out of the rail, not the other way round. It is set to increase fuel pressure as manifold pressure increases, thats why it has a rubber hose from the mani to the bottom of it.

These ECUs were designed to work with stock fuel systems, all they recommend is to have a clean fuel filter fitted when fitting the ECU. They will have their limits to what they can fuel to, you wont know what that is until you test it out but, and only by checking AFRs and injector duty cycle.

ramses974

Member +
Hi guys,

Im running a speedvision hybrid via a jam ecu atm but im going down the td04 route & selling my old ct9 setup.

I've got an uprated pump but no other fuel mods, am I safe to fit the td04 & run it at low boost .7 or .8 bar max until I get it to the rolling road or do I need to get some bigger injectors & a rrfpr as well?

Thanks,

Adam

no problem..this ecu runs very rich ..you will be at 10.5afr !! i have already done this ..

If its a non linear RRFPR the Blitz ECU will be all over the place on AFRs. The FPR keeps fuel pressure in the rail by restricting fuel flow out of the rail, not the other way round. It is set to increase fuel pressure as manifold pressure increases, thats why it has a rubber hose from the mani to the bottom of it.

These ECUs were designed to work with stock fuel systems, all they recommend is to have a clean fuel filter fitted when fitting the ECU. They will have their limits to what they can fuel to, you wont know what that is until you test it out but, and only by checking AFRs and injector duty cycle.

I contacted a few trusted people a couple of high rep well known from this site as well before i fitted a fpr using the blitz access ecu and was told it should be fine if afr is ok? i had to fit a fpr as when i had afr checked on rr before fitting the fpr was running lean? ive ran the car like this for around 18 months and its been fine was told it would be ok as all fpr does is force fuel through injectors?

Last edited: