td04 only putting out 170bhp??

i might be buying a glanza with a td04 turbo in it and he sais its around 170bhp only.. would that be right if it were boosting standard?? or whats yer views on this:confused:

corofin12345

Member +
looks well bar the roof vent.. compression test it man if your going looking at it.. i didnt see one mention of what ecu it was running on donedeal

Exe_GT

Member +
I am running TD04 on standard boost running standard ECu and giving figures of 174BHP so i would say it's about right....compression test is the way. Get one from halfrauds for like £20....could save you lots in the long run if you buy it.

I am running TD04 on standard boost running standard ECu and giving figures of 174BHP so i would say it's about right....compression test is the way. Get one from halfrauds for like £20....could save you lots in the long run if you buy it.

how do i do a compression test tho? i dont have a clue how lol

corofin12345

Member +
just saying with a tdo4 strapped on they could of got excited... im sure a diagnostic test will show up a fuel cut code if its running a stock ecu

compression test;
get compression tester.. its like a gauge
have car warmed up then turn off
remove king lead and efi fuse
take out one plug at the time and screw in compression tester
crank engine for 3 second or so..
take reading from tester "write it down"
go onto next plug replacing one you just did
while cranking the engine have the foot to the floor "get someone to do this"

simple enough mate..

should be around 160psi across all 4 cylinders.. if theres a differebce of -10 or +10 between readings then its still ok.. example; 160,155,150,160

if you get a reading like this; 160,155,90,160 then you would know thats theres a problem with 3rd cylinder

Last edited: