TD12 users???

G5EGM

Lifer
Alright folks,

im currently upgradin to a TD12 turbo n hav a wee query bout the water lines....

i got fittings with the turbo n the water lines look like this...

DSCN3917.jpg

DSCN3916.jpg

do i need to break the tab as they dont line up...or am i doin something wrong? :confused:

DSCN3919.jpg

thanks in advance...will add rep for help ;)

danb87

South East England Area Rep
of topic, but ive also been lokingintoo one of these dude. wat sort of power you think its capable of? an any knowledge on how they compare too the gt spec hybrid? lol sorry

on topic, who suppiled the lines an enzo on uksc said i would need too get them made or something.

also does it all line up ok with your ct9 mani?

thanks

clarkytrd

Member +
They kinda look like the water lines from a td04.... could be wrong though!.

I'm sure the tab can be broke and use them separately, just dont forget the washers :D

danb87

any chance of a pic compared too a td04 or compared too a older hybrid or ct9 aswel :)

G5EGM

Lifer
danb87 - comparison pics in my garage thread n all fittings were supplied by enzo, just no lines...he said ricky@racetech could make me a set but he never sent me pics :( im expecting bout 200-220bhp.

cheers brad.....take it all the bolt ends go onto turbo? they bit cheaper than previous kits iv found.

danb87

wat was that a ct9 or a hybrid ct9? in ur members garage matey?

an brad them lines from tmd fit do they pal?

stuarty1

Member +
u dont realy need waterlines the turbo like a td04 ect is big enough to not need water lines unlike the ct9 as it spools very quick and spins its we heart out if u get me

Fatman

Member +
Water lines are optional, they do assist with long term reliability (100,000 miles) but in reality turbos are primarily cooled by oil anyway.

Personally I would just bend or break the tab and use what you've already got, no sense in pointlessly blowing some additional coin on fittings!

danb87

in that case what do you do just block off the pipes that are there for waterlines? is this recomended or just wat people choose too do. ? :)

Fatman

Member +
No need to block em, if your turbo seals aren't shagged there should be no chance of anything coming out. The water lines off the thermostat housing just get looped back on themselves. Does make life easier without water pipes running everywhere!

It's up to you whether you use them or not, if you already have the fittings and hoses I probably would.

Rory

Lifer
Indeed for instant hot shut downs etc, the water cooling saves the oil from cooking the bearings when hot. But if you let your car cool down in the last couple of miles on a journey, they are not really needed.
Been running my own TD04 for well over 2 years without them.

just use them.. im sure they were put there for a purpose by the manufacture

corofin12345

Member +
ah ya.. all depends how good the turbo is.. i did an oil change on a glanza awhile and it was a td04 and i got nothing but oil clots in the sump.. no water lines were on the turbo so i asumed the oil itself was been cooked in the turbo but ya, cooling it down after will help but the the timer would want to be set a bit higher cause lets face it, none of us lay of the boost till we are in the gate.. :beer: