the car i was offered (plus cash) for mine

aaronw

Member +
the corsa ive been offered

Engine.
C20LET engine conversion, ported and polished block, Mhale forged pistons, crank
polished and balanced, steel h section rods, modified bearing shells, uprated
oil and water pump, phase 3.5 ecu software, walbro 255 fuel pump, saab red
injectors, 1.9mm steel head gasket, 60mm intercooler and boost pipework, denso
iridum sparkplugs, regal inlet modified xe cam, front mount intercooler (sprayed
matt black), enlarged tophat, slim line fan, adjustable 6bar fuel reg, manual
boost controller, straight threw 2.5'' exhaust, custom engine mounts, chris
astley hubs and shafts, f28 6 speeed box with short shift.

Brakes.
Wilwood 4 pod callipers, braided brake lines with Wilwood pads (they were fitted
about 500 miles ago) with drilled and vented discs.

Suspension.
Coilover front suspension and adjustable rear suspension.

Interor.
OMP TRS seats, 4 point harnesses, momo steering wheel, roll caged, rear is
stripped out, battery in rear wheel well, boost gauge in drivers vent.

Bodywork.
Standard bodywork apart from Compomotive 5 spoke alloys with Hankook RS-2 tyres
and wind deflectors.

The best bit...Performance!
0-62mph- 4ish seconds
Top Speed- 170mph+ (ive had 173mph and still some to go).
Bhp- 300+ (regal software 3.5 is 320bhp with correct upgrades)
Weight- 870kg

Only bad bits are;
. Bodywork isnt 100% as i wasnt intersted in looks as it added to the whole
sleeper image.
. Driver mirror glass is cracked (brought it like this and never bothered
changing it).
. Speedo doesnt work as i snapped the speedo cable due to the speeds its capable
of and the original clocks only going to 130mph.

14.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

plus £1250

George611

Member +
Ive got a freind with a c20let corsa not mapped and running standard engine the things an animal i would say the same as a nicely tuned td04 starlet, that thing at 320bhp will be insane id go for it :D

Ben89

Lifer
Don't do it.
1. The guy sounds like a twat.
2. It will defiantly be rusty on the chassis rails being a corsa b with that conversion
3. It's a vauxhall
4. It's a vauxhall

On the other hand parts are cheap, and it's a sleeper with ridiculous power! I'd get something more comfy!!

addz

Member +
These are animals in a small cars.

A mate has one, and has had to spend money on the engine for some reason or the other. If it's treated well, can't see it being too much trouble

TurboDave

Member +
They normally drive really shit, a good fun car but no good at all to use on any distances.

Its probably had a hard life as well and no mention of any strengthening or seam welding.

richglanzav

Member +
these are pretty much the ultimate sleepers, and this with a forged engine etc should be amazing fun. only quip i have got with it is the 0-60 time lmao cus if that can go from 0-60 in less than 5 seconds ile eat my hat. other than that it looks a fun machine

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
Aaron you dare take a Corsa in part exchange and ill appear on your door step and slap you! :haha:

garo

Member +
I doubt those claims very much, that power through the crap corsa chassis = no mission!!!
Dont do it!!!!!!

AdamB

Member +
Vauxhalls are very reliable, but the problem they have is they build good engines and put them in the wrong chassis. Vauxhall chassis are terrible, if your feeling brave then go for it, but they understeer like fuck.
I've had a 1.6 corsa sport, and that was terrible, let alone a corsa with an engine and gearbox that weighs twice as much as a 1.6 lump.
Good for straight lines, but be scared when it comes to some corners lol.

lleey2k4

Member +
Is this from Birmingham area, i've seen 1 out that looks exactly the same as this with 300bhp and it dont hang around it fuckin flies.

steveatyork

Member +
only the bathurst edition;-)

to be fair,it could be a really nice car with a bit of time and money on it.but like the other guys said it could be rotten,so i would tread with care and do your homework.and give it a thourgher inspection.apparently driveshafts can be a problem,but there is proper uprated kit available

Gav_Kara

Member +
We building a 450 one at work at min and there mental well worth thinking about if chassis and body ok they can be great fun.