The glanza's replacement..

GT_Irl

Member +
Hey y'all! After building my K24/26 hybrid turbo glanza...I decided to try something else for a change. Spotted a clean impreza type RA with only Jap miles so decided to take a look..ended up buying it, here she is:
IMG_1008_zps461c7bb2.jpg

Impreza_zps1d2c97d0.jpg

IMG_0644_zpsac1af009.jpg

I love this car! 4WD makes for such a capable car through twistys & super quick in a straight line too. Plans are mani, decat, exhaust & a re-map. Came with buddy club p1's and a carbon zero-sports adjustable rear wing :)

Still have the glanza....contemplating some sort of NA conversion, not sure yet!

Last edited:

russyb

Member +
Nice scooby bud
if your planning on heavy modding watch the bottom end as its notoriously soft bud forged you can get crazy power from em

corofin12345

Member +
nice scooby but what year is she bud..? thought the RA came with a roof scoop as standard...???

IMO the only way an RA should look VVVVVVVV

sc1_zps2f3f81ab.jpg

sc2_zps8a6186ed.jpg

sc3_zpsf1033595.jpg

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Nice,not mad on the bumper though.

Was looking at the blob eye shape of these but insurance is a hit and miss kind of thing,seen some people with similar age/ncb etc getting from 1200-2200

GT_Irl

Member +
Cheers for the comments all!

GTWayne - correct! WRX type RA - 280BHP, light like the RA's are but with the chocalate bottom end, so I will have to mind her!

Got a few nice things for her:

STI skirts & spats
Apexi Power FC
Manifold, downpipe & full exhaust system
Apexi AVCR
A WRX keyring...lol :beer:

Trying not to go too mad but chances are I just will not be able to help myself :haha:

That is it...for the moment. Will keep y'all posted!

Derek

Lifer
Hmm is it my old one?? Whats the reg pm if you like. With a few mods, and they dont have chocolate bottom ends mine was fine for a couple years did drag days etc in it.

GT_Irl

Member +
Hmm is it my old one?? Whats the reg pm if you like. With a few mods, and they dont have chocolate bottom ends mine was fine for a couple years did drag days etc in it.

Nah buddy, I am the first registered owner in Ireland (only had jap miles previous). I am definitly taking inspiration from your car with my plans though...loved your one!

That's good to know about the bottom end...literally every person I have told that I bought this has said watch the bottom end, I guess its like the RX7 re-build thingy that veveryone says!! Just look after it and it will last methinks :)

Did you up the boost much on yours? I have power fc to go in ut I was just going to keep it at standard boost for the time being

Derek

Lifer
I went through 3 ecu's for mine,standard,zerosports and a power fc also.ha I ran mine at 1.1-1.2 bar and never had trouble with it. Its still running now seen it for sale recently so must be all good.

GT_Irl

Member +
I went through 3 ecu's for mine,standard,zerosports and a power fc also.ha I ran mine at 1.1-1.2 bar and never had trouble with it. Its still running now seen it for sale recently so must be all good.

Sounds promising mate :) Where did you source your skirts & spats if you don't mind my asking?

Smokey

Fresh Recruit
The chocolate bottom end comes from lads who drive Hondas and then try drive a scooby the same!
Ignorance and neglect makes it happen!
Whatever you do get it mapped by a trustworthy mapper for anythin you change!

What manifold did you get for it?

Have a couple of Scoobys myself!

Breno58

Member +
As above, the hole soft bottom end thing is bull****

I had my wrx for 3 years without any bother, as long as its maintained properly and not driven like a vtec it won't go wrong :D