tinted windows?yay or nay?

C

CaL

why do you people do this????make black gts look liek vans imo...what do you think?:p:p

Dan3SGTE

Member +
some look good..... pure black look.....

I just find it harder to see quickly and clearly when your driving "enthusiastically" so to speak ;)

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
mine were done when i bought it, and i like them.

i like them less now i've had to remove the front, but i can't imagine my car without them now.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
i have 35% on the back and 15% on the front and it seems to be the perfect ballance between visibility and style,

other thinks to consider is,

A. Makes Car Safer in an impact as thy contain the glass and stop it flying into the car and reduces glare

B. security reasons, Makes it harder for people to see into the car and makes it take that much longer to break into

so that's a yes for me as long as it's pratically and tastifully done,

and make a car look like a van, not true,

Dan3SGTE

Member +
maybe a slight tint wouldnt be soo bad, the cars ive driven with tints have all been really dark to be fair soo might be an idea.... 15% at the front though, would that really be hard to see inside the car franza?

i've got limo black on the rear three windows and nothing on the fronts, looks good imo and i don't really find it harder to drive with

Franza1

maybe a slight tint wouldnt be soo bad, the cars ive driven with tints have all been really dark to be fair soo might be an idea.... 15% at the front though, would that really be hard to see inside the car franza?

no they only block 15% of the light

goldenvtr

Member +
my tints are ace, there perfect vision from the inside and not too OTT from the out. and i dont think my car looks like a van lol

Idrees

Banned
I don't like the look of just rear tints, especially if they're really dark.

My car has dark on the rear sides and light on the fronts, and I struggle to see out of them at night. When I have some spare money, they're all getting redone - Light smoked.

Franza1

soo in your case the thieves wouldn't really have a problem....? Just saying because you stated that as one of the upsides......

well alot of theves just take a passing glance usually,

from a distance it does look a bit darker, but it was a toss up and i decided i'd rather be able to see out, but the point is still valid, if i did want more security i would have tinted them darker, i think the back ones are around 50% now that i think of it, i just gave it to the fella that did it and told him to make a decision on what he thought was best compromise between night visibility and style,

I never get any hastle from the cops either as you can see the driver through the front, still glad i did it

Dan3SGTE

Member +
well alot of theves just take a passing glance usually,

from a distance it does look a bit darker, but it was a toss up and i decided i'd rather be able to see out, but the point is still valid, if i did want more security i would have tinted them darker, i think the back ones are around 50% now that i think of it, i just gave it to the fella that did it and told him to make a decision on what he thought was best compromise between night visibility and style,

I never get any hastle from the cops either as you can see the driver through the front, still glad i did it

ahh coolio......

i might look into this when i have some spare cash, ive always likes that slightly smoked look......

Kelly

Member +
i love my tints on my car it came with some on the rear windows but they were bubbly and awful had them all redone grade 5 on rear window grade 4 on the rear side windows and grade 2 one th front side windows :)

C

CaL

ok ok i wouldnt mind a very very light tint.....its just when people have pathetic really dark on the rear...on a black gt.....looks van-ish....if you get me??

Dan3SGTE

Member +
ok ok i wouldnt mind a very very light tint.....its just when people have pathetic really dark on the rear...on a black gt.....looks van-ish....if you get me??

you know cal....... i actually get you...

im going mad i think :confused:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
go to bed..you are obviously overtired...they only look that way when the paint is faded or dirty and the tints are a very solid compared to the car

Monty

Member +
I also have a silver GT and t looks good. Dont go too dark, i got a medium tint on the rear and sides, and the close to illegal tint on the fronts. Looks just right. I would call it smoked...

Dan3SGTE

Member +
go to bed..you are obviously overtired...they only look that way when the paint is faded or dirty and the tints are a very solid compared to the car

i think when its JUST the back windows that are tinted very black it doesn't look right....