Tip - Sky HD

CTR_Timmy

Member +
I have been told by our sky enginner that if you connect a ethernet cable from your router to the back of your Sky HD box it enables Anytime +. Anytime + gives you over 500 mvies anytime and also gives you channel by channel anytime viewings rather than the small number of programmes normal anytime gives you which are listed by programme.

Going to give this ago once been to Maplins and got a 15m ethernet cable :)

danb87

South East England Area Rep
Read alot online and everyone saying it works. Dont know why Sky holds this info back on us customers :(

cant find a cable so going up the road too get one lucky enuf theres a comp shop 2 min away lol.

god i hope this works. anytime is crap at the mo.

CTR_Timmy

Member +
Dont think so all sky engineer said was if you put ethernet cable from router to HD box it works. let me know how you get on

danb87

Dont think so all sky engineer said was if you put ethernet cable from router to HD box it works. let me know how you get on

will do mate. im wondering if it will take time too do. or if box has too be off at mains too connect etc. i member when i 1st had it installed they said it would gradually get more an more which it did. took about 2 weeks before i had a faior bit in the anytime section.

danb87

hhmm i dont have sky broadband as its shit so dont look like im able too do this

CTR_Timmy

Member +
Im sure you dont need it. When the enginner was out sunday he changed something in the menu screen and im sure it was for the HD anytime+ ill ask the old man when im home

Arnold

Lifer
Wouldn't mind knowing this as don't have the ethernet hooked up so would be interesting to see if it's worth it :)

lingl9z

Member +
Did this at mine as sky sent me a letter few weeks back had to opt in to it online first then connect Ethernet and something pops up on screen pressed ok and it was there! If you've slow Internet it may be poo as most of them are downloaded via the broadband and have to do 15 or so % I think it was before watching others are instant!

Rich