tong turbo ct9 full boost?

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
just out off interested what are people geting full boost at on there ct9 hybirds tong turbo, with a ebc.

Thanks

turboflow

Member +
my mates was not until 4k in 5th,thought that was low when my technics one full boosts at 3k
full boost being a bar for both of us

Ben89

Lifer
your mate has a very slow spool up, is his timing alright? im sure i remeber people making a bar on the tongs hybrid at about 3k????

turboflow

Member +
yeah timed up perfect, that was before i rebuilt his engine forged, dont know what it is now like but still should have been better before

Ben89

Lifer
yea man thats strange, i hope it made good power after the long wait for it lol, what power did you hybrid make?

dac69er

Super Moderator
< 3,500 rpm. can get it to less than that using the ebc but then the control of the boost is a bit unstable.

its not alot different to the stock ct9. with management you should be able to tune it to almost match the spoolup time of the stock ct9 setup.

ktl

Member +
my mates was not until 4k in 5th,thought that was low when my technics one full boosts at 3k
full boost being a bar for both of us

i got it down to 3 - 3.2k now at 1 bar with my gizzmo boost controller.

without a ebc i was getting around 3.8-4k

Shorty

Member +
think mine was about 2800 at .8bar when i had my gtspec that was around 4months ago. everyone seems to be gettinig bosst quite late realy i had a big fmic too but it was clocked for a shorter pipe route to reduce lag!!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
TBH, i find it hard enough to get good traction if i boot it in 1st gear anyway, even though its only going to like .7 bar.

It loves 1 bar from 3rd gear up tho. Boost controller is very good too. Holds it pretty much bang on 1 bar everytime it gets there, never usually creeps... but sometimes maybe creeps to like 1.03 bar or something..

turboflow

Member +
i have never suffered with traction unless i do a dump launch even then i get grip very quickly, im only on coilovers and parada 2's

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I could do with a wheel & tyre change tbh. Im sure i got issues when steering, feels like shit alot. Would worn wheel bearings or fucked engine mounts cause any issues? like make the wheels feel less 'firm to the ground' & not all over the place... ?

Gryzor

Admin
after talking to kieran.s gt
I changed the gain to 40 from 12 and the set down to 43 from 48 the spool up has improved. ;) but on the wet roads traction is a bugger even with lsd.