Toyo Or Yokohama ???

cole

Member +
got the choice between some

yokohama parada spec 2

or

toyo proxes

which would you choose ?

i was thinking of getting some toyo r888 for the front but they seem expensive and they may wear out really fast ?

does any 1 have any views on these cheers

Blak_Mamber

Member +
HAd both mate. To be honest, i would go for the Yoko's as im running the proxxies at the mo and dont find them as good tbh. The yoko's lasted a good year and a half aswell. :)

Dave.

Member +
Both are great tyres. I'd get the Parada Spec II though :) Had them on my last 2 GT's, and all my mates use them too... (hubbygt on his gt and his new Glanza, another mate uses them on his Civic. You get the idea :) )

Couldn't fault them tbh. Great in the dry, Good in the wet but a bit slippery inbetween (still not bad though)

Dave

cole

Member +
cheers i was leaning more towards the yokos because i like the tread pattern lol !

but any 1 got any views on getting 2 r888's for the front ???

Dave.

Member +
I'd get 4 matching tyres personally :)

No reason other than to have the same look front and back... Although I'm sure someone will have something to say about grip or whatever.

And yea, the tread pattern is awesome! :rockon:

Dave

Rory

Lifer
R888 are not bad in standing water, beleive it or not. ;)
Great in the dry, and on track they really excell.

For a road car i would go with the Yoko Spec 2's. Im about to order 4 next week, for an up and coming track day.

cole

Member +
R888 are not bad in standing water, beleive it or not. ;)
Great in the dry, and on track they really excell.

For a road car i would go with the Yoko Spec 2's. Im about to order 4 next week, for an up and coming track day.

how much do you expect to pay ?

i rang a local tyre place today and they was 55 quid each

and i looked on ebay when i got home and you can get a full set for 130 delivered

Sham

Member +
i put r888 when i went up to york, excellent grip on them tyres... i rate them but wouldnt use them for everyday use

lleey2k4

Member +
I have Toyo Proxes 4 atm on my alloys i've just sold

But i'll be putting Yoko Prada spec 2's on the Advans :)

ragz

Member +
parada spec 2's all the way

iv got em at the mo n im gonna get em when my fronts wear out

cole

Member +
lol its been like 100 % yokohama so far

are they actually a better tyre or are you all just loving the tread design ! :p be honest people