Toyota GT Turbo - 1995 EP82 Quadlight (M reg, 101k miles, £1800)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmw_86

Member +
NOW SOLD

For sale:
Toyota GT Turbo - 1995 EP82 Quadlight, M reg.

Item Condition & Extra Info:
Purchased unregistered for £2,300 on 12/10/2007 as a grade 3 fresh import. Registered by myself, I am the first and only UK owner of this car.

Imported with approx 74,000 miles on the clock, it now has approx 101,000 miles / 162,500km, though this is subject to increase due to daily use. The majority of miles covered were through motorway commuting. The car is still in km but with a mph dial face; mileage is therefore 100% accurate, with none of the guesswork that would come from converting km to miles.

I’ve carried out regular oil and filter changes between approx 3000 and 5000 miles as per Toyota’s recommendation, with Mobil 1 Super S. It has also been run exclusively on V Power or Tesco 99 since importing (with receipts to prove this).

Taxed to 31/03/11. MOT'd to 15/10/2011.

Good points:
- Some Japanese service history (inc. timing belt change at 100,000km)
- Full folder of UK service history inc. all MOT’s and many receipts.
- HKS silent hi power stainless cat-back exhaust (£500+) (fitted at 137,000 km)
- Recent new brake discs and pads all round, at a cost of £200+ (fitted at 145,000 km)
- Recent new IACV (idle air control valve) at a cost of £95 from Toyota
- Recent rear handbrake cable replacement at cost of £40 (both l&r)
- Re-built and un-used spare CT9b turbo included with the car (worth approx £150)
- CAT 2 touch-key immobiliser
- Cheap road tax: based on engine size (1.3) not CO2 emissions, therefore £125 for 12months at last renewal.
- Good economy: over 40mpg is easily achievable.

Bad points:
- Various scuffs / scratches and stone chips, mainly present from prior to import. Please remember though, this is a car coming up to its 16th year, and the paintwork is generally very good for its age as the pictures show!
- 1st to 2nd gear can be notchy when cold, and I suspect a worn synchro. This has been the case since import, but has not degraded and remains perfectly driveable
- Tyres all round are in need of replacement (approx £35 a corner for mid range tyres).
- No air con. It didn’t work from date of purchase, and was diagnosed as having a faulty (non-repairable) compressor.
On the plus side removal has saved ~20kg, and makes oil changes much easier and quicker.

No test drives without proof of valid insurance – no exceptions.

Thanks for looking!

Price and price conditions:
£1800 ovno.

I will consider close offers, though stress that I feel I have already priced fairly and realistically given the above points.
I will happily keep a hold of it rather than make a large loss for a quick sale!

Pictures:
front 2.jpgfront.jpgrear.jpg
int.jpgmileage.jpg

Contact Details:
Please pm or email me if interested, and we can go from there. Likewise, if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.