Toyota Sprint Series 2008

sdutton007

Member +
They've both entered the Toyota Sprint Series 2008 - i just want to check on the competition lol

Barrie Newsome - Starlet Turbo EP82
Pete Grimmer - Starlet Glanza EP91

toyobaz

Member +
hi guys

peter grimmer is somehow affiliated to Fensport, runs standard engine and turbo at 1.4 bar , quick car and very well tuned

the other one .....nah never heard of him :p

all starts next weekend, i will let you know how i get on :)

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
it doesn't matter what's done to the engine, it matters whats done to the chassis and how good the driver is. no point in having 300bhp if you have to slow down to 40 for each bend

monka

Member +
it doesn't matter what's done to the engine, it matters whats done to the chassis and how good the driver is. no point in having 300bhp if you have to slow down to 40 for each bend

lol, true, but if ya gotta do that, you need to get away from the car, and think why are you driving it

toyobaz

Member +
the second event of the series was yesterday
i managed to win the B class :)
so got a nice little trophy to take home,
very happy as the times were keeping up with the 2.0 celica gt's and the MR2 turbo's and even managed to beat a few !
heres a couple of pics:

bhchamprw5.jpg

bhbarriestartmb5.jpg

bhbarriespeeden1.jpg

jamesbaa

Member +
i dont mean to sound rude but are they actual sponsors stickers on your starlet or are they there for show???

toyobaz

Member +
i dont mean to sound rude but are they actual sponsors stickers on your starlet or are they there for show???

the whole series is sponsered by what you see
Toyota
Fensport
Toyo
Prolex
Blitz
Turbo Dynamics
Millers
part of the regs are that we wear their stickers, and of course we also benefit from their sponsorship

other than that, one is Dave's "starletgtturbo" because he built my engine :)
the electrical company is mine ;)

look forward to seeing you Dave :rockon:

toyobaz

Member +
third round of the Toyota Series was this last weekend at the Teesside Autodrome
great track, but became very slippery after a downpour
managed to win the Class B 1ST place again, beating the Fensport Glanza by a few hundreths of seconds
came in 12th overall
considering the competition i felt very proud to get that high

post-7-1213617257.jpg

post-7-1213617218.jpg

post-7-1213617228.jpg

post-7-1213617239.jpg

post-7-1213617250.jpg

post-7-1213617257.jpg