TRD Gears ... need some info...

Damage

Member +
Does anyone know if the TRD gears are made out of better quality than the stock ones? Problem is I'm tired breaking gearboxes (4th one gone today) plus the stock gearings is stupid for the sprint events I take part at. If anyone can get me some info and if maybe someone has a set for sale ... second hand will do aslong as they are in awesome condition let me know please.

Regards,

Daniel

dac69er

Super Moderator
are you actually breaking the gears themselves? if so you must be seriously hammering them....

Damage

Member +
Yeah always 3rd gear. Destroy all the teeth of the gear. I race my car ... so I do hammer them lol :p

Texx

Super Moderator
Could be worth a try mailing trd_help@toyota.com (TRD Sports parts technical assistance.)

They can sometimes be quite useful, but I think it depends on who answers the email..

Damage

Member +
Are you flat shifting?

Most of the time yeah especially when racing @ the sprint events.

I want to know if anyone on here had actual experience with these gears if possible...

Will try emailing TRD but doubt I'd get an answer.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Dunno if its possible cause dunno much about gear boxes but could u not get a forged 3rd cog or something, titanium or somthing rediculous like that lol

Gee

Member +
Seems like the people that destroy the 3rd gear are flat shifting. Big HP guys in Aus don't have this problem.

Good luck with the TRD gears anyway dude.

ChrisGT

Member +
Would cryo treating the synchros etc. be beneficial ? Surely flat shifting puts a helluva lot of strain onto the gbox ! No wonder they pop ..