Turbo Time..!

tayyib

Lifer
well some off you maybe thinking what happened to this conversion where did all the updates go. lol

Well its had about 500 man hours put in to it, basically 3 engines, 2 clutches, wiring loom change over, gearbox removed about 4 times and now its up and running

Hats off to everyone who helped me with this. who are Idrees, 2 of my cousins and a few mates. They saw how angry i was a times towards the car and they helped me to venture on and finish it right till today, and im still going as i know it was worth it.

After hours of swearing, sweat and anger.

The first engine had a valve stuck open. (still to be investigated).

The second engine the bottom end started knocking the day after we got it started up and running, couldn't find the fault in what happened with that.

It was then rebuilt, with the bottom end off the first engine and the head off of the second.

We then found that the car wouldnt engage gear at idle 1st and reverse had to switch the car off just about get it in to gear then start it up. found the TRD clutch was buggered, so it was replaced with a standard one.

Then came along a set of wheels Idrees bought, to spray up and sell, but i gladly took them off his hands.

car went for MOT on tuesday, failed on a few little things, paid the garage to do these little bits as i felt i'd done enough hard work. and it passed. Here's a quick couple of pics, will get more soon and hopefully get the boost creep/fuel cut issue sorted and get a dyno run done before i get a hybrid.

i also have a carbon rear lip to go on.

(((This car is built not bought)))

SDC12008.jpg

SDC12009.jpg

SDC12010.jpg

SDC12011.jpg

Also had some fun against a 206 GTI, was funny seeing his face as i passed him. lol

05-05-2009

Finally. :rockon:

So, yesterday me and my brother (Idrees) were cleaning out the garage and whilst we were at it we decided to fit my FMIC on to the car with the custom brackets etc ready for when I fit the engine and conversion parts. plans were to start in the next month or so.

Anyway, got the bumper off and we both looked at each other asking if we should just whack the engine in now...

And the results are below.

Fmic fitting (we didn't even fit it in the end!)

SDC10220.jpg

A messy garage which got cleaned up very fast once we got excited about the conversion!

SDC10223.jpg

SDC10224.jpg

SDC10227.jpg

The baby FE

SDC10229.jpg

The FTE

SDC10276.jpg

SDC10281.jpg

Glanza dash loom getting in place along with steering column

SDC10329.jpg

As it was sunday/bank holiday monday we had to work with no engine crane..

SDC10291.jpg

SDC10295.jpg

SDC10296.jpg

SDC10303.jpg

SDC10307.jpg

Getting there..

SDC10308.jpg

Two mounts on..

SDC10317.jpg

SDC10320.jpg

SDC10337.jpg

A list of parts/mods.

Glanza engine, gearbox and driveshafts
Glanza engine/dash loom
Power steering conversion using Glanza steering rack and steering wheel
Glanza indicator/wiper stalks, dials and heater controls
Engine fully serviced
Glanza radiator
CT9A turbo with wastegate ported
SPS mild steel manifold
Nightpager decat screamer pipe
HKS actuator
Nology HT leads with earthing points
NGK iridium plugs
Autofixed fmic
Powerflow exhaust system
SARD rising rate fuel pressure regulator
SARD fuel pressure gauge
Blitz supersound bov
HKS fuel cut defencer
Filter relocation kit (custom)
ZEP radiator cap
TRD/Exedi paddle clutch

Thats all i can think of, should be a nice step up from 87bhp!

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
love spur of the moment decisions like this, fair play to you both. Once its driving be careful it will be a little more powerful than the 4efe :D

:rockon:

bigdoods

Member +
savage.youl have fun with it when shes all done:) colour is savage by the way.contrasts well with the carbon

Some great work there guys, fair play to both of you. 2 stunning conversions both of you have done. Loving the paint on your car really sets it off (nice work Idrees)
Good luck with it
Christy

350ep70gr

Member +
Hey guys if you move all this staf from the garage to the for sale section you will make a fortune!lol

Really nice job there and i like also the fast desision you take... thats the way..:rockon:

When you will :drive: it ,it will be a pay off for sure!!

Chris

Idrees

Banned
Few more pics from today.

Filter relocation kit made.

SDC10363.jpg

SDC10370.jpg

FMIC piping taking shape.

SDC10382-1.jpg

SDC10391-1.jpg

Trial fit of the FMIC/bumper. Decided to cut it all out in the end.

SDC10390.jpg

Exhaust fitted. It needs a couple of brackets welding on the front section because it doesn't perfectly match up to the NA.

SDC10419.jpg

SDC10421.jpg

It could be running tomorrow. It'll hopefully be sitting on wheels again, providing we can get hold of the required track rod ends (may as well fit new ones while were at it).

Last edited:

Shorty

Member +
lol fairplay boys you two dont hang around we where only talking about this a month or so ago :D