Ultra Racing Anit Roll Bars..?

EP91_Girl

Member +
Ok im looking into getitng my glanza a little bit more firm, purly because i cant afford D2 Colilies @ £600 a pop.. and she dont like corners not one bit, she aint boaty but just not firm on the road like i would like her!

was thinking of going for all round Ultra Racing products = C Pillar anti roll bar,Front Strust Brace and Rear Anti Roll bar..
(There all white to witch i like alot)

What do you recon on these products do any of you kind peoples have them or any other products that are similar?
In total the lot comes to about £383 inc VAT (on toytuning)

Let me know guys cheers

x x

Did you ask toy tuning about them or did you just price them up as per the website?

As I enquired about the anti roll bar from toy tuning and never got a response like :(

GTdan

In The Closet
i would say both front and rear upper bars, then the 4 point front lower bar.
i wouldnt bother with the c pillar.

What suspension you got? may be worth trying to get some 2nd hand coilies?

GTdan

In The Closet
oh and anti roll bars are good - especially rear on as starlets dont have one, but none of these will make the car feel firmer - youll need different shocks.

EP91_Girl

Member +
Did you ask toy tuning about them or did you just price them up as per the website?
As I enquired about the anti roll bar from toy tuning and never got a response like :(
hay i just priced these up from there sight hun...
i havent asked about them apart from on here..

i would say both front and rear upper bars, then the 4 point front lower bar.
i wouldnt bother with the c pillar.
What suspension you got? may be worth trying to get some 2nd hand coilies?[
oh and anti roll bars are good - especially rear on as starlets dont have one, but none of these will make the car feel firmer - youll need different shocks.

i heard that having the ani roll bars help witht the stiffness thats why i wanted to go all out on it, she really needs some help with the cornering, its scary some times i think she is going to step out.. (shocked and scared face)

C pillar one no good then?

Oh and I have GAB shocks and RS*R springs all round hun :)
x

GTdan

In The Closet
i dont think you can change the firmness of the ride with anything other than changing the shocks and springs.
However, you can make the car feel alot tight going round bends etc by doing the following:

Front upper strut brace - not much differnet between the standard one and aftermarket
Front lower strut brace - liek the UR 4 point one - has 2 more mounting points that likes of cusco etc - surely thats a good thing
Rear Strut brace - dont come with one as standard.
Rear anti roll bar -dont come with one as standard.
Larger front anti roll bar with drop links
Anti lift kit
adjustable pillow ball top mounts

The c pillar one - you wouldnt feel hardly any difference for it - and the cost of it, i would look into an anti lift kit instead - also with the lift kit and the drop links on front ARB your replacing some of the bushes that have been on the car since new, so will feel alot better.
Im yet to acquire the anti lift kit and the larger front arb - there on my shopping list!

EP91_Girl

Member +
bloody hell thats alot of stuff but its needs to be done, as i dont feel safe in the glanza if i take a bend at more then 40mph!!!! *shocking i know*
ok all of the above has been added to my HUGE shopping list..
thaks for your help, here have some REP :)

xx

EP91_Girl

Member +
rather have a naked photo of u,but rep will do :p :haha:

what tyres you running? ive got from using semi slicks on the track day to just about legal proxies t1r....god there shit!!

LMAO.. no sorry i dont do naked photos sorri lol lol
Me i have Toyo Proxies, and YES they are the biggest pile of shit ever might as well have nankangs lol lol
I was looking into some new treds but for decont wet and dry ones its going to be about £115 a corner and i just dont have the cash rite now spesh with all other things on my list :(
x

GTdan

In The Closet
you on 15s?? Goodyear Eagle F1s are best all rounder £50 a corner - ill be getting these when i need new ones, or i may just run 888s all year round on the road :rockon:

EP91_Girl

Member +
No hun im on 16" shoes!
£50 aint to shabby ay, all depends on if some one my way stocks them, decont tyers are hard to come by in thurrock, all you ever get is either really fooking expencive or ditchers.. :(
x

GTdan

In The Closet
No hun im on 16" shoes!
£50 aint to shabby ay, all depends on if some one my way stocks them, decont tyers are hard to come by in thurrock, all you ever get is either really fooking expencive or ditchers.. :(
x

you have alot to learn young one....order tyres off the internet ie www.mytyres.col.uk, you then take them to your local tyre fitter to fit them for you :)

You'll need a fuckload more cableties to put your bumpers back on then. 888's are scary as fuck on even a slightly damp road.

I need to get my rear arches rolled to run 888s as they catch on the arches with normal tyres on :( cableties aint a problem - ive got shares in them, plus i breed them.

EP91_Girl

Member +
you have alot to learn young one....order tyres off the internet ie www.mytyres.col.uk, you then take them to your local tyre fitter to fit them for you :)

yes but thats why you giys are here hehe
i cant just let any old person put my tyers on though hun, coz if one of the greese monkies scuffs my alloys i will blow a fooking hole in them!!!
round here they dont care about whats your just getitng there money, an my alloys cost me a bom! :(
last payment this month though YAY
xx

starbogt

Member +
I ran RSR springs and KYB Blue shocks and the ride was really firm I would say the dampers you got aren't matched very well with the springs if you don't find it firm enough. The Anti roll bars spread the shock between the wheels so it would alter firmness a very worthwhile idea would be to replace the front ARB and the rear and see how the car feels afterwards rather than spend a fortune replacing everything at once!

I run coilovers on a very hard setting and its not great for comfort. The handling is fantastic without using uprated arb's or rear strutbrace but my next purchases will definately be ARB front and rear so I can soften the damperloads up a bit for everyday travel. The anti castor plates are brillaint possibly camber adjustable topmounts and a good alignment would make a load of difference to your car.

My wife's GT doesn't come close to mine for steering feel grip and stability and she's on Tein Superstreet coiloversand I'm on D2's! (the reason being the suspension is badly setup at the moment and the tyres are the wrong profile.)

But advice do NOT replace all the bits at the same time as everyone has a different driving style and how the car reacts is felt differently by all.

Andrew

GT_Ben

Member +
Are GAB's not adjustable?

Could try firming them up a bit, see how it rides.... then afterwards look at your options if your still not happy? You might even have money saved for Coilies by that time as well!

Ben :)