Unusual Problem - New Clutch = Head unit not working :(

ady_glanza

Member +
Hello all

I had a new standard clutch fitted a couple of days and it is running fine, however i've noticed that my head unit is not working. Approx 2 to 3 minutes into driving the Kenwood head unit goes into protect mode (meaning there is a loose connection but i've checked it all and there isn't). It had this problem originally back in August but it was repaired by Kenwood and has worked fine since. However the problem has come back since i had the new clutch fitted.

It's very puzzling as i'm trying to work out what connection the clutch has with the head unit. I know the garage had to disconnect the battery when they were changing the clutch but that is running fine and there hasn't been an increase or decrease in power from the battery. I was there throughout the whole fitting process by the way so i know nothing else has been tampered with.

Kenwood won't even repair the head unit again if it is faulty as they've already done it once under their warranty and the shop i got it from will just refuse to send it back for sending anyway.

Any answers to this unusual and puzzling problem?

DaveEG

Member +
Quite possibly gone faulty again but...

Check the earthing strap from the battery to the gearbox this will have been disconnected. Remove and clean the terminals on each end and check there is no splits on the cable causing a bad earth.

davehart

Member +
I remember my rear lights stopped working when I changed the oil filter last....................

I would not think the two are anywhere related. If you had the problem with the unit before then it may well be the same again and I'd get Kenwood to sort a new one out if its under warrenty still.