URGENT- gettin the driveshaft out!!

madmatt

Member +
is it just like normal cv joints that just pull out once the front nut is off?? i have mine in bits but cant get the joint out the hub?:mad::flame:

Jay

Admin
It can be very tight to remove mate. Lots of WD40 recommended. Will be doing one this weekend.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
tell me about......

that nut is one fucker i tell ya!!!! i had tonnes of trouble, mine actually wouldnt come off! without proper tools these kind of jobs are really difficult...... :homer:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
lol... i was jumping on a bloody metal rod tryin to get it off.... would not budge for love nor money!

G

gaz_turbo1

it easy to get the driveshafts out, take the anti roll bar link of the wishbone, undo the ball joint and give the wishbone a bang and pull the whole hub out and the drive comes out, then just get a bar and give the drive a hit to get it out of box

Aidan-G

Member +
it easy to get the driveshafts out, take the anti roll bar link of the wishbone, undo the ball joint and give the wishbone a bang and pull the whole hub out and the drive comes out, then just get a bar and give the drive a hit to get it out of box

so to get the shaft out of the gearbox..you just knock it out??ive just taken my engine out without the gearbox..and now i want to take out the gerbox out..

Lucus182

Member +
so to get the shaft out of the gearbox..you just knock it out??ive just taken my engine out without the gearbox..and now i want to take out the gerbox out..

to get the shaft out of the gearbox....nearside shaft u need to lever out and the offside should just pull out

Monkfish

Member +
The nut on the end of the shaft is likely to be tight. Get someone to stand on the brake pedal (With the calipers and disks still on of course! :p). It's an odd size nut too, 32mm I think, I had to buy a new socket when I tried. Needed to stand on the bar too. :eek:

In the end, I couldn't get the shaft out of the hub, it had seized solid. I gave up and took her to my local garage to change the CV boot (She failed the MOT for it) as they would have all the correct hub pullers and tools. In the end, they couldn't get it off either, ended up taking the shaft out of the 'box. (easy! :homer:)

I think removing the shaft is easy enough, just disconnect the hub, remove the inner CV joint and pull it out. You will leak gearbox oil everywhere, so put a tray under the car and make sure you've got the correct oil to top it up.

:)

Aidan-G

Member +
well my car is jacked up at the mo...so i deff have to disconnect the shafts from the hub??i was just hoping id get them out without doin that:pcause theres play in the gearbox?mmmmm i am a lazy fu*ker