Urgent help needed!! On Turbo conversion

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
Hey guys I started my turbo conversion yesterday using an ep82 engine and glanza loom into my n,a ep91 I've took loads of pics and ime going to post a complete how to on it as soon as its finished but to the problem I've fitted the engine now with dash and engine loom I've plugged everything in injectors etc in engine bay Ime just missing lambda sensor the triangle plug from thermo housing and a big sensor from back of engine near alternator is it the knock sensor? Also the plugs for the speedo were cut off on the loom I have so I was waiting until the car ran until I soldered new wires on for the speedo clocks other than these I think we have everything else plugged in there's a few spare wires that don't connect to anything but ime guessing there for extra things the glanza has that n,a doesn't but for some reason when I connect the battery and try to turn ignition on nothing happens at all!!! Absolutely nothing will any of the above things being unplugged affect this? Please somebody help me ime desperate now guys! If you can txt me to help on 07971885290 pleaseee do or pm me muchos rep given :) neal

gtpower

Member +
that big sensor on the back near the alternator is knock sensor,,i can get you the plugs needed for the clocks your speedo is cable driven so the plugs are for all the rest of the lights and features of the clocks,, are these spare wires on the glanza loom and where are they in the engine bay or inside,, what ecu are you using,,
have you made sure the little black black plug is connected on the starter along with the main big wire that comes from battery to the starter

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
Thanks for ytour reply mate would the engine crank over without the knock sensor being attached? Also I've got the plugs for the clocks I've just not solderd them on yet
I've connected the little black clip and the earth looking cable onto the starter motor,if I didn't have the knock sensor attached would the engine still crank over? Also would me not having
The pliugs on the wires for the clocks mean the cirsuit is broken? Or will this not matter? And also I don't have the 3pin sensor on the thermo housing would this strop it
Turning over? Any help at all will be great guys I juist can't see why its doing absolutely nothing?

weeJohn

Lifer
What parts of the Glanza loom have you fitted in the engine bay, the complete loom including the fuse box?

First check for voltage to the ignition barrel, there is a wiring loom drawing in the awfully helpful section that will help you from there.

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
I've used the entire glanza loom mate interior loom and engine loom will having the clocks plugs cut off make any difference I.e break the circuit? And with the knock sensor off will the ignition not even come on? Also what about all these plugs lying around engine bay they are for things the n,a doesn't have without these plugged in it should still be fine right?

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
What parts of the Glanza loom have you fitted in the engine bay, the complete loom including the fuse box?

First check for voltage to the ignition barrel, there is a wiring loom drawing in the awfully helpful section that will help you from there.

You don't have a linky do you please mate? and will not having the plugs on the loom for the speedo clocks affect anything? Will not having the knock sensor affect anything?

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
Any help will be appreciated guys I can't do anything at the moment just stood looking at the car it's getting to the point where ime thinking of turning back!!

AdamB

Member +
I'm not 100% sure but a stab in the dark. If nothing is connected to the speedo then this to me would believe that the engine will not fire because it doesn't know where No1 TDC is. The ecu knows where this is due to the pick up in the dizzy, I would have thought the speedo would have got the information from this pick up to give you the rpm signal. Therefore because nothing is connected to the speedo, it is not completing the circuit.
Could be wrong though.

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
I'm not 100% sure but a stab in the dark. If nothing is connected to the speedo then this to me would believe that the engine will not fire because it doesn't know where No1 TDC is. The ecu knows where this is due to the pick up in the dizzy, I would have thought the speedo would have got the information from this pick up to give you the rpm signal. Therefore because nothing is connected to the speedo, it is not completing the circuit.
Could be wrong though.

I thought something along them lines mate but at the moment it isn't doing ANYTHING at all I've earthed everything I can see? Would it having no clock plugs on really make such a massive difference? And will it start without knock sensor in?

gtpower

Member +
i cant see having no clocks in would cause it not too fire it should atleast turn over,, check the ignition for power try to crank the car over basically turning the key as if you were going to start it and check for a live coming out of the ignition thats should give ya some idea if its sending power to the starter i was working on a glanza there the other day and i had the ecu disconnected and it still turned over so somewhere between the igniton and starter is your problem

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
i cant see having no clocks in would cause it not too fire it should atleast turn over,, check the ignition for power try to crank the car over basically turning the key as if you were going to start it and check for a live coming out of the ignition thats should give ya some idea if its sending power to the starter i was working on a glanza there the other day and i had the ecu disconnected and it still turned over so somewhere between the igniton and starter is your problem
Right brilliant cheers mate the clock plugs are cut off aswell will that affect it? What about the knock sensor would that affect anything between ignition and starter? If anybody's got any ideas then please throw them in guys ime willing to try anything now if anybody's local to Bolton westhoughton and could pop up and take a look that would be even better :) lots and lots of rep given guys please helppp

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
Anyone? I've made sure the igniter is earthed the coil is just hanging I havnt found a space to mount it yet Ive fitted the clocks still nothing so does it have to be earths? Can anybody tell me where the earths are that I need on?

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
Still not working guys I've earthed absolutely everythinggg and nothing at allll is happening when I put keys in ignition I think ime going to have to put everything back tomorrow unless someone can help
Or even come down to look at it? Pleaseee ill pay for ytour time?

jhandy

Member +
Have u attached the earth that goes on the side of the inlet mani?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
Ok guys last night I was on the phone to jahndy for a few hours lol and we bridged the started motor and engine cranked first noise she's made in 4days I still have nothing inside
Absolutelyt nothing will work no hazards or snything please someone help me what's the difference between na ignition barrel etc and glanza ignition but even if this is a slight problem the hazards should still work
So has anybody got any ideas?

gtpower

Member +
thats what i was going to tell you to do,, have you the the centre console where the hazzard light switch is connected up as this is the relay aswell for the hazzards,,
there shoud be no issue runnin the N/A ignition barrel as long as the plugs are the same,, your issue you have a wiring problem between the starter and igniton

double check all your connections at the starter at the loom even check the starter relay it should be in the fuse box in engine bay check all the connections inside aswell make sure evertyhings connected as it should be

have you checked the ecu There is a start signal that goes to the ecu, so it knows when the engine is cranking and fuels it accordingly

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
Yes mate I have the hazard switch plugged in I have checked everything in the fuse boxes all seems well but there is still absolutely no electricity going to the interior of the car everything is plugged in though and there is a key transponder on top of myt na ignition barrel but there isn't one on the glanza? That's the only thing that isn't plugged in because there is no plug to go to it, I've checked on 2 other glanzas and they don't look like the have one? But even then the hazards should work shouldn't they
There's no power going to the radio cables by the looks of it either?

gtpower

Member +
have you checked the big main fuses in the fuse box aswell sound like somthing isnt plugged in right as you have no power what so ever inside basically as if it wasnt plugged in have you checked battery terminals aswell make sure there making a good contact do your lights on the front work even when you turn them on

jhandy

Member +
This is what I said it sounds as if where he has done the loom change over something silly has been missed

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2