Urgent! Rear Brake Pads

finch53

Member +
Just wondering if anyone knows where i can get some rear brake pads from. mine have gone today and i need some tomorrow. I know halfrauds do the front pads but does anyone know if they do the rear?! or of any places that will be open that i can get them from?! maybe toyota?!
any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Phil.

finch53

Member +
anyone?! please... or does anyone have a set i could buy from them tomorrow, that live between sheffield and bolton?!
cheers.

dac69er

Super Moderator
toyota wont be open tomorrow and wont stock them. halfords may have them, but they wont be listed for a starlet i doubt, that is about the only place open on a sunday.

they wouldnt have completely gone just like that, one more day wont hurt as long as your not planning on doing loads of miles with alot of braking.

thechomper

Member +
i am failry sure there the same rear pads as a toyota Sera,Ask Ricky on here on he will confirm,i am just going to check my car ,i only replaced mine 2 weeks ago ,might still have the box in the car,give me 5 minutes

finch53

Member +
that would be amazing mate. do you know anywhere that would be open tomorrow that stock them?! do you know if halfrauds stock them or is it a case of specially ordering them from somewhere? i cant believe it. if it had happened this morning or tomorrow night it wouldnt be a problem. but tomorrow everywhere that i know that stocks them are closed.

finch53

Member +
70 miles to bolton and 70 miles back, both ways over snakes pass... so braking is important, also motorway miles, if im gonna need my brakes all of a sudden its going to be hard on them.
its not quite a grinding yet, more of a high pitch squeek, gonna go round the block in a min to make sure its not just water or grit etc that stuck in them.

dac69er

Super Moderator
70 miles to bolton and 70 miles back, both ways over snakes pass... so braking is important, also motorway miles, if im gonna need my brakes all of a sudden its going to be hard on them.
its not quite a grinding yet, more of a high pitch squeek, gonna go round the block in a min to make sure its not just water or grit etc that stuck in them.

tbh you probably wouldnt notice if you didnt have rear brakes.

get the car up in the air and check the life left on the pads, might be fine.

thechomper

Member +
right i have one of the old aftermarket pads and i can only read about 90% of the serial code which is 02053679,hope that helps ,very sure there the same rear pads as a Sera,Halfords should have ,Ricky@japimports hopefully can confirm

finch53

Member +
tbh you probably wouldnt notice if you didnt have rear brakes.

get the car up in the air and check the life left on the pads, might be fine.

yea but im a spirited driver over the snake. not getting car in the air tonight, dark and raining in sheff, will have to wait till the morning. was planning on that anyway just to make sure.

finch53

Member +
right i have one of the old aftermarket pads and i can only read about 90% of the serial code which is 02053679,hope that helps ,very sure there the same rear pads as a Sera,Halfords should have ,Ricky@japimports hopefully can confirm

cheers for the help mate. will have a pop to halfrauds in the morning to see if theyre the same and if theyve got them. cheers for the help. rep added.

finch53

Member +
Most Motor Factors will have them.

yea but will these motor factors be a) open on a sunday, i know my local one wont, and dont fancy the drive into the centre of sheff and back if they are buggered.
and b) present me with a shiney new set of rear pads when i say glanza v? or i am to find cars with the same pads and quote them!?

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I forgot that minor detail that it was a Sunday tomorrow my apologies. Other than that theres no way you'll be able to get a set.

thechomper

Member +
just wondering which ricky this is mate. is it ricky@jap mad?

Thats the 1 mate ,just a pointer if you do install new rear pads ,make sure to pump your brakes after installing the new pads before tighting the handbrake so the pistons are evenly matched and the handbrake will working correctly on both calipers ,i missed this and failed my NCT(MOT) because of this

finch53

Member +
haha no worries mate. will just have to either hope that theres a little bit of meat left on them that will see me through til monday or halfords will pull through for me for once. cheers though mate.

davehart

Member +
I think I have some spare rear pads in the house that came off my EP82 when I changed the calipers. Still in good nick.