Value of Glanza v when new?

scrappygit

Member +
This is bait random but how much were Glanza v's when they were new? Prob abit hard to find out as the exchange rate into gbp would have changed. But anyone got any ideas? Cheers

malcolmgt

Member +
jay will know, think he has a handbook which you could buy them from and the price of all the optional extras too.

Nippon

Member +
From what I have found out using google they were: 1,430,000 YEN when new. Which if converted at todays exchange rate gives £11,629.20.

Not sure how this would have translated 16 years ago though.
Would have to consider change in exchange rates and global inflation etc etc...
Anyone doing degree maths or economics??? Lol.

MD

Last edited:

Nippon

Member +
£12000 was a hell of a lot of money back then,
28 years ago my rents bought their first 3 bedroom house for £26,000. Now valued at about £120,000. Lol.
Gives you some idea of how money has changed value.:haha:

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
Argh 28 years ago is slightly longer than 12-14 years ago :haha:
I do agree though the value of money has changed a lot.

scrappygit

Member +
That's quite cool. :) cheers guys. 12k is very good value back then. Cheers for the reply's I'm glad I had some reply's about this as it's quite interesting to know.

Texx

Super Moderator
From what I have found out using google they were: 1,430,000 YEN when new. Which if converted at todays exchange rate gives £11,629.20.

Not sure how this would have translated 16 years ago though.
Would have to consider change in exchange rates and global inflation etc etc...
Anyone doing degree maths or economics??? Lol.

MD

In 1996 the exchange rate was approx 175yen to the pound, which would make it roughly £8171.

Jay

Admin
The GT's were around 1.3 million yen on release so that sounds about right. I would hunt out the Glanza brochure but the car it's in is under quarantine for a few weeks. Some rascal dropped one in it and slammed the door..

Ted

Member +
if you take the example that the nissan gtr r35 was only 33k in japan but jumped to 55 magically when imported theres another factor here. from what i remember of the 90s , the equivalent corolla or starlet was a couple of grand dearer than the equivalent ford or vauxhall.

if they could have sold it for 12 grand i bet they would have brought it over. probably would have been more like 15.

the original starlet gt was designed to beat the 205 1.9 gti. not too many of those floating around japan so you could assume toyota wanted to bring it here. but it must have been too expensive. eventually all we got was a basic na with a 2e engine(not even 4e) and it was expensive new.