vf24

stu bears gt

Member +
after resaerching and posting a thread i have decided to go down the route of the vf24.
my setup will be on standard internals at 1 bar of boost.
just wanted to no if i buy a td04 kit except the turbo will evrything bolt up i.e. water lines, etc and is there any need on rotating the turbo?

second what do ppz think i will reach 1 bar boost buy, and what power i will make.

thanks stu

billybob

Untrusted Seller
after resaerching and posting a thread i have decided to go down the route of the vf24.
my setup will be on standard internals at 1 bar of boost.
just wanted to no if i buy a td04 kit except the turbo will evrything bolt up i.e. water lines, etc and is there any need on rotating the turbo?

second what do ppz think i will reach 1 bar boost buy, and what power i will make.

thanks stu

yes everything will be same vf24 is a great turbo

stu bears gt

Member +
so i have come to realize :) geting excitted about the summer now lol. what revs u rekon id hit 1 bar boost at i no td04 would be about 4k, so guessing maybe 38?
n what power ;)

Ted

Member +
i ran one for a bit, great turbo, more progressive than all or nothing td04. you wont have full boost til 4300 or 4500 depending on setup, it is a bit bigger than the 04. they are also a bit more fragile if run at high boost but at a bar you'd be fine. mighty top end compared to td04

stu bears gt

Member +
yer really am liking the sounds of these i hear nothing but good feedback evan from the dreded scooby boy's.
although it was to my understadment that the24 had reduced lag compared to the td04 due to being ball bearing? 1 of the reasons why i wanted it.....am i wrong lol

billybob

Untrusted Seller
yer really am liking the sounds of these i hear nothing but good feedback evan from the dreded scooby boy's.
although it was to my understadment that the24 had reduced lag compared to the td04 due to being ball bearing? 1 of the reasons why i wanted it.....am i wrong lol

teds run one on his so hed now best:)

stu bears gt

Member +
come on ted help us out here lol, want to stick with the vf series due to being ball bearing apart from the higher reange arnt......what do you think would be best mate?

Gilly2006

Member +
i think the Td04 comes in nicely running 1 bar boost, but the VF24 i would imagine would come in like a train running a bar

stu bears gt

Member +
makes me laugh.....not alot of people no about these turbo's but so many people on here have forged enines with td04....these are superior lol

GTnomez

Member +
i ran one for a bit, great turbo, more progressive than all or nothing td04. you wont have full boost til 4300 or 4500 depending on setup, it is a bit bigger than the 04. they are also a bit more fragile if run at high boost but at a bar you'd be fine. mighty top end compared to td04

What do you mean fragile at high boost ted?

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
there not ment to be used at high boost mate, red up about the vf sereis on google. but i will only be using a bar :)

what exactly is high boost ??ill be looking for a bigger turbo when i forge that will bolt onto same manifold etc so its either this or td05 ??

Chris@CCM

Member +
if ur on a gt engine just run the td04 at 1.2 bar wont be a problem if the tunes good
ive a vf24 w8ing to go on to my car but might not use it cos im looking to run 1.8bar might be a bit much for it

Glanza D

Member +
isnt 1.2bar for standard internals to much.
so you think td04 would be my best option with standard internals?

Td04 at 1.2 bar will be fine with a good map. ive been running a td04 at 1.2 bar on stock internals (the thinner ep91 internals aswell) for about 8 month with no major problems so far (runs and touches wood)

The thing to bare in mind is if you spend all money on td04 setup then decide to forge most td04s will max out at 270-290 bhp so would have to invest in a a bigger turbo that will be alot laggyer such as td05 which again will only be good for 350? unless you want to spend money on a hybrid td05 such as the ones TMD are offering at like £650

But back to original question, 1.2 bar isnt too much for stock internals

Ted

Member +
the whole quicker spool up cos its ball bearing isnt exactly true, the vf24 will spool later than a td04 because its bigger. if it was the same size as a td04 it might spool sooner. its also a more progressive spool up with no 'all or nothing' delivery so even though its full boost at 4300 its still making a reasonable amount at 3500

ted and chris know what they are talking about when it comes to these turbos.....they have personal experience

on cars i've been in with td04l....its a nice drive....i dont understand how people claim them to be "laggy"....those cars were rather responsive imo...just get the car tuned properly

again...dont expect the vf22, 23, 24, 25, etc to be as responsive as the tdo4l either....they are bigger and by extension will come in a bit later....but they are progressive and seem to generate quite a bit of useable power

and dont expect any of the above turbos to be as responsive as a ct9...this is where a lot of the confusion starts