what do you reckon this is?

Jayd.m

Member +
im thinking it may have been when the timming belt was done but could be completely wrong, anyone got a sticker like it???

aaaa.jpg

it is a timming belt sticker i think ???
but imo id do it for piece of mind as anyone could stick a sticker on :haha:and a kit isnt expensive

Hazzagray

Member +
I have one on my block, it is a timing belt change, also have a service history on the inside of the door with stickers, and it all logged in the book.

Jayd.m

Member +
thanks everyone great help. i might have a machanic look over it see if it has been done or needs a change! thanks again:)

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
4e is a non-interference engine, if the belt snaps nothing hits each other so sod it!

scot-ish

Member +
better changing it, cheaper to get a new belt than a tow, or the hinderance of waiting 8 hours for the AA

Jayd.m

Member +
Maybe, but he doesn't need to rush around getting it done.

so in the glanza engine if the belt snaps it dusnt ruin anything like valves ect? i know they dont run on the waterpump aswell. so hypothetically i could drive it till it snaps & i would only need a belt and tensioners ect?

so in the glanza engine if the belt snaps it dusnt ruin anything like valves ect? i know they dont run on the waterpump aswell. so hypothetically i could drive it till it snaps & i would only need a belt and tensioners ect?

As long as your engine is un-touched, the head not skimmed etc..

Jayd.m

Member +
wouldnt know if its been skimmed tbh, i only no of the history of it as long as ive had it (with in reason) what would be the problum if i was skimmed adian?? cheers

scot-ish

Member +
if its skimmed, less valve clearance(smaller distance between piston crown at TDC, and the cylinder head), so if it snaps, the valves will drop as they do normally, but with it being skimmed, there might not be enough clearance,(engine is still turning due to momentum) becomes interferance, piston hits valves, bends, not good.