What makes a hybrid turbo?

Nickzorz

Member +
First off, im at work and my phone doesnt seem to like the search option.

My paseo is sitting in the garage, best £350 i ever spent, just getting funds for some conrods.

Now i want to hybrid'ify it, now im not too sure what a hybrid consits of. In my mind its half CT9 and half some other turbo. Obv i could go buy one off of one of the traders but im 'aving ago at all this myself. (I will be documenting the whole affair.)

Was wondering what turbo makes up the other half, or what compressor wheel or whatever. I also assume if i was doing it myself that i would need it to be balanced or laser aligned or summit like that (or maybe not i dont know lol)

Thanks
Nick.

AdamB

Member +
You are correct, it is half one turbo and half another, or a mix and match of turbo's parts which make up a hybrid.
The best person to ask is Corofin as he has made a mix and match between the CT9A and B of turbo parts.
I would of thought it would need to be balanced as a turbo spins at 100,000 rpm.

_iforget_glanza

Untrusted Seller
corofin is the man to ask, he may or may not kno what 2 turbos make a hybrid but hell sure as hell know how much work is involved

corofin12345

Member +
just buy a hybrid ct9... ;) my turbos are inbreds not hybrids..lol ive not balenced them as there was no need,, my ct9/12 bybrid needs to be balenced ported etc.... if ya can figure out the pic below then good luck making a hybrid ;)

19042011131.jpg

Last edited: