What to do next - go futher with ct9 or td04

hga05

Member +
Right, i have a ep82 with HKS filter, front mount intercooler, and blitz copy exhaust and a decat.. Sometimes experience boost creep up to about 10 psi and occasionally fuel cut is reachable. Want to upgrade but as with anything, want to spend as little as possible especially as goin travellin next year. The question is what to do next.

If i get a CT9 manifold, FCD and SAFC what sort of power is obtainable and with what boost? Is it necessary to have a RRFPR aswell and any other items.

Obviously other option would be TD04 which i assume id need the above + tdo4 downpipe, bigger injectors which is obvioulsy more money again.

Thanks in advance for any help
Harry

glanzanut

Lifer
hybrid ct9 is the cheaper option u could see 180-200bhp at 1bar of boost. ct9 is gd for street use. td04 is more expensive but bigger potention. better for strip use :freddy:
and a rrfpr will be needed bud

y3Lo

Member +
tong are meant to be developing a hybrid made for external wastegate, which there aiming for 240bhp!!!

which i think im going to try when it's released as i just bought power-up kit :D.

hga05, sounds like you should go hyrbid, get yourself a mani, rrfpr,fcd, 1 bar boost and take it from there imo.

hga05

Member +
What power can be achieved with standard ct9? Know a friend of a friend who had a FCD and boosting to 1 bar which was done at alan jefferys in plymouth but alot of people say this shouldnt be done with a standard manifold isnt that right?? How much better is an emanage blue than SAFC and FCD, its just that i reckon i cold get the SAFC and FCD for about £200 used but emanage would be twice that wouldnt it? Do they both need the same amount of mapping? Also another thing, how much can you pick up a used tdo4 and what size i.e whats with the 13g, 26g etc
Thanks

Phil

Super Moderator
ct9 with lots of supporting mods could see 200+alittle bhp. but if i was you id go td04!

you can forget the injectors also for either hybrid or td04 @1bar you wont "need" them.

Phil

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
most power ive ever seen with a standard ct9 is 190 (wallace from this site)

safc and fcd = crap (from my own experience)
emanage is good providing you have a good tuner - thats how wallace made his 190.

as for the manifold, if you're going to run around 1bar then yea you will need to uprate the manifold or risk a big disaster on cylinder3!

if you're trying to get good power 'as cheap as possible' i wouldnt even bother, spend the money and do it right once!

jamesgtturbo

Member +
The choice is yours mate at the end of the day . They both have there pros and cons , to stop boost creep your ct9 internal wastegate will want porting and ran at 1 bar boost with some nice chassis modifications this should be more than quick enough for road use , with quick spool and very little lag .

On the other hand if your wanting more power in the future and looking into forging hte engine the td04 makes more sense as it has a lot more potential

thanks james

Phil

Super Moderator
most power ive ever seen with a standard ct9 is 190 (wallace from this site)

if you're trying to get good power 'as cheap as possible' i wouldnt even bother, spend the money and do it right once!

emm i think dubseven got 202 or something with a ct9, and i hope to hit something near that before moving from ct9 :)

the second part was quoted for truth!

:)

Phil

GTdan

In The Closet
first get a compression test done on your engine - no point sepending money on your car if your engine is about to die.

ok so your going need a manifold - 300
fcd & rrfpr - 110
Set up using wideband/rolling road - 50

the other option other to fcd and rrfpr and the set up is go emanange blue route, around 250 for the unit, then another 300 for instaltion and mapping.

Turbo - ct9 hybrid - from 300-550 depending where you get one from and if it s new or 2nd hand.

TD04 - youll need a new decat - 100
td04 turbo - 100
manifold - td04 specific one 300
or ct9 to td04 apadapter plate (uses ct9 manifold) 200
actuator bracket - need to custom make this unless you get the adapater kit above.
advisable to go emamge over fcd and rrfpr - 550
fmic piping redone to fit td04 - 50

remmeber your only going to be able to run max of a bar through standard internals (thats presuming you have healthy engine to start with) so the difference between the 2 maybe around 20-30 bhp and simialr torque.

hga05

Member +
I do agree not worth doing cheap, just dont want to spend money on one option and then having to sell the parts to go the other. Im pretty sure the engine is quite healthy, rebuilt it with new big ends, mains, piston rings and regrinded the valves when i got the car. Possibly know someone i can get a td04 manifold off. What td04 would i need as i always see different types like td04 13g, td04 16g etc etc. Is there a wiring diagram for an emanage as im fairly confident i could wire it in myself. Also wat sort of psi can be ran on a td04 with standard injectors as obviously they are another added cost.
Thanks
Harry

GTdan

In The Closet
I do agree not worth doing cheap, just dont want to spend money on one option and then having to sell the parts to go the other. Im pretty sure the engine is quite healthy, rebuilt it with new big ends, mains, piston rings and regrinded the valves when i got the car. Possibly know someone i can get a td04 manifold off. What td04 would i need as i always see different types like td04 13g, td04 16g etc etc. Is there a wiring diagram for an emanage as im fairly confident i could wire it in myself. Also wat sort of psi can be ran on a td04 with standard injectors as obviously they are another added cost.
Thanks
Harry

as i said - the max you can run on standard internals is 1 bar (14psi??)
Im sure some of the guys ie nick at tuning developmnts and mi6chris will be able to help you with a wiring diagram (think nick charges around 50quid to install it??)
Do i search on here dude, but i think the 13g is most common one, as thats of a later model scooby.

U

ugabuga

if u want to keep your quick response and low spool go for hybrid ct9.
for more powa go to TD04L. I will be posting some braided lines for sale too.

TD04l is worht it imho

T

tdo4starlet

tdo4l wrx sure if you want to be differnt not that much for it to be done ,,,,running 1.bar 230 bhp easy

hga05

Member +
OK guys, think if i want more than 200bhp best goin tdo4 in the long run. One quick question. If i was to get a ct9 manifold, there would likely be more boost creep so if i got a FCD to remove fuel cut but lean it out would an RRFPR correct this so that the engine was gettin enough fuel without an safc or emanage, thanks

jamesgtturbo

Member +
OK guys, think if i want more than 200bhp best goin tdo4 in the long run. One quick question. If i was to get a ct9 manifold, there would likely be more boost creep so if i got a FCD to remove fuel cut but lean it out would an RRFPR correct this so that the engine was gettin enough fuel without an safc or emanage, thanks

its a bit of a crude way of doing it mate but in theory it would work but im not a fan on fcd at all !