What to do with clutch?

TO82

Member +
Basically i had my gearbox out for a rebuild and my Exedy Clutch disc was worn badly on one side, past the grove lines on the cutch plate, when it was in my car with the stock flywheel it didnt slip, even when launched etc while my box was out i had lightend flywheel fitted which i got skimmed, now i thought id put the clutch back in for the time being but its started to slip straight away, now as ive had the flywheel faced is this most likely the cause along with the worn clutch?

Now is there any clutch discs i can buy that would be usable with the TRD clutch cover, or am i best of buying a new clutch kit, and should it be ok with the faced flywheel?

What other clutces are there, on par with the exedy paddle, any recommendations?

:confused:

Nippon

Member +
When you buy an exedy clutch kit the pressure plate and clucth disk come in seperate boxes so i dont see why you wouldnt just be able to order a new clutch disk to go with your existing pressure plate and flywheel.

TO82

Member +
Ive spoke to exedy direct and they dont supply them seperatly, i dont know if its just the paddle disc or any, as i was wondering if an organic disc with the uprated pressure plate would handle 200hp?

TO82

Member +
Its not damaged just worn, i went to a clutch relining place and they didnt want to know due to the material not being riveted on

John@ECC

Lifer
Dont buy another exedy we have had nothing but trouble with them over the past 3 years which made us go and look for another clutch supplier. We have been dealing with competition clutch for a long time now and the only complaint was spuddys clutch slipped on a stage 5 for a split second on the dyno. He has gone to a Iron man competition clutch and we have had no problems even @ 439BHP,

I should be able to get one to you next day if you like, here's the link for prices and photos. http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?60636-Competition-Clutches

TO82

Member +
Moneys tight atm, but if i cant find a clutch disc that will work with my current pressure plate il give you a shout, cheers.

Johnny_C

Lifer
i know of a disc with plenty of wear left on it,but the center has play in it where the shaft goes through.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Ah. didnt factor in customs and delivery. Nevermind.

Still a good find tho mate, looks fair close to the exedy clutch disc itself but it looks to be around ... £214 before customs. Customs maybe around £30, i paid £20 to customs for a CRUISE headgasket.

Still cheaper tho but not far from the price of an exedy kit.

350ep70gr

Member +
Dont buy another exedy we have had nothing but trouble with them over the past 3 years which made us go and look for another clutch supplier. [/url]

X2 what he said.
Whatever make you choice put a complete new unit in there.
When you reface the flywheel you need to reface also the part that the cover bolts on to the same amount.Not just the area that the discs works to. The other choise is to reface the clutch cover outside area as much as you took out from the flywheel. If not then the base pressure of the clutch cover will segnificant reduced.

Chris

TO82

Member +
That will be the problem then, i duno weather to fuck the lightend flywheel off and put the stock one back on seems like too much hassle

TO82

Member +
Anyone know if the speedvision disc will work, if i either use the stock flywheel or sort the lightend one?